TouchOSC on iPhone - Do you use it?
    Tech Mentor

Default TouchOSC on iPhone - Do you use it?

I can't afford a midifighter or an X1 right now, so I was wondering if I could use my iPhone with TouchOSC instead. Does anybody do this? How difficult is it to set up to replicate a midifighter?

Quote Originally Posted by Fressure View Post
    I can't afford a midifighter or an X1 right now, so I was wondering if I could use my iPhone with TouchOSC instead. Does anybody do this? How difficult is it to set up to replicate a midifighter?
    I have used this setup after my midi fighter got stolen at a gig (i'm still mad at this..) it is not too hard to setup with osculator and TouchOSC once you get the required mappings correct and ensure you're on the same wifi.

However, due to the size of the screen, it is often hard to trigger the effects decks. It can be done and you can get used to it but it's a very minimal version of the midi fighter. an iPad may give you a larger area of control so you might get better off that, but as the iPhone version stands, it is a fun experiment to try to spice up your set but I personally found that it is difficult to use and will be upgrading to another midi fighter hopefully in the near future.