VCI-400 serious CPU overload problems in Traktor/Serato
    Tech Student

Default VCI-400 serious CPU overload problems in Traktor/Serato

Hi there,
    I have had my 400 for around a month now & it works great on my desktop running windows xp & Traktor Pro 2.5. (have tried 2.6 also)
    The problems occur on my laptop. CPU overloading continually, 100% cpu in both Traktor & Serato intro. The unit is totally unusable on my laptop.
    Laptop specs- Core2Duo 2.4 cpu, 3gig RAM etc. I was running vista but I updated to windows 7 today as I thought that might sort it....but it's just as bad if not worse!
    The laptop is a Dell Vostro 1500.
    If anyone can help me work this I'd really appreciate it. Guessing it's some compatibility issue?
    Regards
    Dan

Have you optimized your Dell for audio use?
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Tech Student

I am going to set up a new XPS 14 with Windows 8 Pro that I will be using pretty much for everything.

Dj subculture, would you recommend to have one Windows installation just for the audio use?

I did find the latency running VCI-400 EGE too high in the present setup (does the updated firmware exist?).

Can you link to some guide that you find most useful optimization vise?

Plan to run Traktor Pro 2.6 on Win 8 Pro, VCI-400 EGE.

Thanks!:-)
    Last edited by se530; 11-10-2012 at 06:45 AM.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by dj subculture View Post
    Have you optimized your Dell for audio use?
    I did when I had vista installed, but haven't got around to it yet in 7. I'll do that now and see if it helps me.

--------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Tech Student

Tech Wizard

I have noticed the following issue with my 400se:
    Traktor freshly started, no deck loaded with a track: turning the loop length encoders on both sides simultaneously back and forth will cause the CPU load control display on the top of the screen enter into the red zone indicating overload.
    I just upgraded to the new vestax firmware and I was wondering if this might be the reason why. Unfortunately I can't check this as there is no way to return to the old firmware once the upgrade kit has been used.
    The only way to avoid it in my new environment is to set USB latency in the vestax driver applet to "extra safe" and sampling rate to 4096

I hope somebody has a countermeasure, but I read elsewhere that this might be a problem only on windows 7 with traktor and the Vci-400 or Vci-400se)