Using an Akai with Traktor z2

Default Using an Akai with Traktor z2

I recently purchased a traktor z2 and plugged in my akai mpd 232 to use it to better control the decks and i had programmed it completely yesterday and was using it with no problems and I tried to used it today and traktor simply wont pick up that its plugged in. The preferences are all still there as well and im wondering how to fix this. I have tried plugging it into both the mixer itself and my laptop but neither seem to work.

You probably need to assign the in and out ports back to the MPD, top right of this pic.

ss.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytontheChemist View Post
    You probably need to assign the in and out ports back to the MPD, top right of this pic.

ss.jpg
    I did that I would attach a picture but I am in class at the moment ill attach a photo as soon as I can, the input and out put was set to generic midi (mpd 232)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Is it a Windows based machine? All other MIDI apps closed except for the Traktor?

yes everything else is closed, should i try rebooting my laptop? And yes it is windows based i believe

traktor.jpg
    alright sorry for the delay but this is how i set it up

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Ok so Tractor recognizes the unit - that's cool. Check if your Akai sends out messages on a same MIDI channel that your midi mapping is assigned with.

where do i check that?