controller decision
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default controller decision

Now before you jump on me, i have searched a TON around on these forums for ideas and info.. But i would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out, my main focus with djing will ideally be house trance techno. I dont have any urge to do any scratching related stuff but i do want to be able to mess around a lot with effects, cause that what i want my djing style to develop into.. clean mixing with awesome added in effects.. Mainly, i would really just like to have a solid beginner controller, with or without a sound card because i can buy an audio 2 if needed, my budget is not big at all, i just have a few focused needs, solid effects capabilities, good build quality.. idk i guess thats it, the main controllers i have looked at are the mixtrack/mixtrack pro... the hercules 4-mx.. maybe the rmx? idk stuff that is in that price category, the 4-mx is a little high priced.. i would really appreciate input guys thankyou!!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

RMX gets some pretty good reviews. If your a little patient I bet you could get a VCI-100 for around $400, but you would still need a sound card.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yeah there's loads of vci's popping up in the Buy/Sell section atm cos of the impending new S4 controller, so go for one of those used.
    SC | MC

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Yeah there's loads of vci's popping up in the Buy/Sell section atm cos of the impending new S4 controller, so go for one of those used.
    Yeah like the one I just posted!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

looking at the vci 100SE it does seem good, although its definitely pricey.... i would really like to stay sub-$400 if anyone has any better ideas as far as pricing goes... the 100 would be something i would get further on down the road

i'm in the same point!!! i don't know if i buy the Hercules Steel (the same RMX but without interface) or the Dj Tech I-Mix reload with a NI audio 2 dj interface. This last one i like it 'cause the touch jog wheels but i have been reading a lot in forums and some people made bad comments about it. so i'm in a dilemma!!! if you can guide me about this 2 console i will thank you a lot!!!! i have the $99 for the interface and $250 for the console so my budget it's not much!!!!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Hercules rmx is a great and solid lump of kit, I've had mine for about 2 years and its not let me down...Its built like a tank and has the weight to match!

The soundcard isn't half bad either considering its integrated, and you can use the phono/line inputs as well if you wanna go time code at some stage..

Under $350 I seriously don't think you could do any better.

DJ Tech stuff seems to be very hit and miss on the QC ) even the Kontrol One/KDJ500 designer has mentioned issues.

Only misgiving about it is the non touch ..meh .. its no biggie for trance / techno .

Works pretty well as an Ableton controller too

Tech Wizard

thanks deevey thats prob what im gonna be lookin at, what doyou mean non touch?

my setup

numark total control($150-200)
    Audio2dj ($99)
    headphones ($50-200)

there ya go

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

These are my recommendations:
    Numark Mixtrack + Soundcard
    Numark Mixtrack Pro
    Hercules Steel + Soundcard
    Hercules RMX

Use the software that comes with the controller/soundcard to start with, and get a pair of headphones you can afford. All in all, any of those above will stay within your budget.

... I honestly had a deal where I could have picked up a VCI-300 for $400 *used* and I'm kicking myself for not doing so. If you watch closely and get lucky, you can find higher quality controllers for good prices. But it's not easy.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast