Traktor 2.5 and APC40
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor 2.5 and APC40

How many of you are excited about the upcoming update and the fact that the APC40 gonna be the perfect Midi controller for it. It will be like 2 F1 in 1. Oo

Tech Wizard

Will there be a traktor mapping for it? from what I've heard at least, Akai keeps those pretty tightly linked to ableton.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hrtbrkd View Post
    How many of you are excited about the upcoming update and the fact that the APC40 gonna be the perfect Midi controller for it. It will be like 2 F1 in 1. Oo
    Having just spent the last couple of weeks mapping an APC-40 to traktor I don't think it will be as good as an F1

Quote Originally Posted by bobalandi View Post
    Will there be a traktor mapping for it? from what I've heard at least, Akai keeps those pretty tightly linked to ableton.
    I'm positive someone will make one.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

the Livid CNTL:R might be even better, because to my knowledge it has more flexibility with the LED colours. the APC40 only has 3 colours and 7 settings regarding LED output in Traktor. Also the OHM:RGB might be a good one because of the different colours.
    It will likely be a nightmare to map the out-putting of the different LED shades.

I'm so excited... I was going make this post if no-one else had done it already... no you don't have seven shades on the apc40 but you have three shades blinking or not which makes six and totally off equals seven. there's perfectly enough knobs and buttons to emulate the f1 times two and still enough left over for fx 3 and 4 maybe... if you've seen what's possible with the collision mapping it's certainly possible...

the apc40 isn't rgb for starters. i also bet a lot of the logic for what the F1 does is in it's firmware so it will take a mega bit of mapping to get close to how the F1 works out of the box..

but... i do think that either a launchpad+nanokontrol or apc40 with some cunning middleware software should be able to emulate the two F1's almost perfectly. just with the limitation of led colors.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    i also bet a lot of the logic for what the F1 does is in it's firmware so it will take a mega bit of mapping to get close to how the F1 works out of the box..
    I'm starting to think NI will keep moving in the direction of a really tight but closed map (like the S4) and keep NHL and MIDI for us tinkerers. It isn't a bad approach, just sucks pretty badly when you have to sacrifice functionality in order to tweak a few things. Wonder if they will update de S4 map to accomodate some of the changes since it's still their flagship all in one or if they will simply release a new version of it. It's still a "young" controller but at the pace these things are going It doesn't sound that insane (little slide off topic )

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    ...emulate the two F1's almost perfectly. just with the limitation of led colors.
    That's what I'm aiming for with the K2 . Not a carbon copy of course, some extra stuff going on like I did with the X1.
    Last edited by padi_04; 03-24-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    I'm starting to think NI will keep moving in the direction of a really tight but closed map (like the S4) and keep NHL and MIDI for us tinkerers. It isn't a bad approach, just sucks pretty badly when you have to sacrifice functionality in order to tweak a few things.
    i really hope they at least make all the stuff mappable that we'd need access to to emulate what the F1 does. they'd be moderately insane not to - as a high % of traktor users won't ever own any NI hardware.

That's what I'm aiming for with the K2 . Not a carbon copy of course, some extra stuff going on like I did with the X1.
    good plan i still really want a K2 for decent/basic controls over 4 channels, transport/eq/levels/kills etc, so in reality i'm not too fussed about the color issues and probably won't be using any latching layers. but i'd like to be able to do something as simple as use the 4x4 grid for play/cue/sync/something for the 4 channels and have each button (row) a different color.

would also have been nice to (easily) be able to have that as the default layer and just have those pads latch to a different one with a different combination of colors on that layer. then it's still obvious which layer i'd be on due to the different pattern of colors - but seems the only real way to achieve that is using a single layer in the K2 and do the layer+color stuff directly in traktor or midimasher.

edit: thought i was on the K2 thread then - hence all the K2 comments
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Not saying the commands will be only available with the F1, just the tsi itself might not be editable

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Not saying the commands will be only available with the F1, just the tsi itself might not be editable
    hope it's fully mappable anyway

just thought of one more thing... something i find very useful on the launchpad is having "lo" and "hi" versions of each color. lo for layout and hi when u press. i guess that isn't an option with the K2 either? have to hope that some of these things might make it into a future firmware.

edit: ass ass... wrong thread again ignore my k2 comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast