Ableton Effect Rack Ideas
    Tech Wizard

Default Ableton Effect Rack Ideas

Merry Christmas Pilgrims.

So I finally have an apc40 and fell in love with it within the first few hours. With a program like Live that has such capability, what do you guys use in your effect racks? So far i have a few standard ones (beatmasher, delay, eq'ing, fade to grey, etc...) but want to know what other people use in order to get an idea of what some good ones are to try. Has anyone found any that are really useful/fun? There's too many for me to try before my first gig with ableton.

Thanks pilgrims

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I wouldn't go too nuts on effects, its too easy to get lost in alot of them and just get lost, espessially in a live situation.

In my racks I have a total of 8, basically I wont want to start scrolling through multiple racks per channel.

Beatmasher, HP filter, Flanger,pitch up/down,fade to grey, delay, reverb - sometimes I'll throw on a bitcrusher style effect.

Along with dedicated HP/LP filters on each channel and 3 band EQ's.

You should also check out Turnado, it does have some awesome features and effects but TBH almost too many that are just not useful enough to me without severe modification from stock and I prefer spending my time on track/sample selection than creating effects macros.

Tech Wizard

yeah i agree its easy to go overboard on the effects, i was just looking for some ones that may be different (ive been dealing basically with filters and bad delays on my last mixer) thanks for the input.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by JCalzonetti View Post
    yeah i agree its easy to go overboard on the effects, i was just looking for some ones that may be different (ive been dealing basically with filters and bad delays on my last mixer) thanks for the input.
    Even stuff like a beat-repeat combined with a pitch down combined can sound wicked together so maybe creating a macro rack out of much used effects might be of benefit