List your Top DJ's for 2014....go! - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    Really? I love some of his tunes, but the last time I heard his set, it was absolutely horrible.
    Eh he wasn't too bad when he was here recently. I guess I let the producer side of him get to me when I composed my list.

Matthias tanzmann
    steve lawler
    midland
    nic fancuilli

I met comfort fit last yr. He was doing a Maschine tutorial in an electronics store in BCN. Really cool guy

I saw a lot of good DJs this weekend, and a lot of people mentioned Hot Since 82 - who was killer good a few weeks ago.

But Adam Beyer was insanely good this past weekend - probably the best set I've seen so far this year.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Quote Originally Posted by KS2 View Post
    Farina - Mushroom Jazz anyone?
    Loco Dice - Top of his game at the mo
    wAFF - One to watch even more this year with his Used and Abused residency. Going from strength to strength.
    Detlef - Again, one to watch. Some huge productions recently on great labels too and sets of full of energy.
    Sable Sheep - Heard nothing but good things about his sets, again some great releases which is always a good sign.

Honourable mention - tINI.
    Farina's podcast is fantastic...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Farina's coming to town soon...I'll probably resurrect this thread after that as well huh?
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Farina's coming to town soon...I'll probably resurrect this thread after that as well huh?
    definitely my favorite dj of all time!! i saw his set about 3 months ago, by far the best set i'll probably ever see.

I have kind of modeled my new techniques after his mixes....he loves that high pass filter!

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    definitely my favorite dj of all time!! i saw his set about 3 months ago, by far the best set i'll probably ever see.

I have kind of modeled my new techniques after his mixes....he loves that high pass filter!
    I probably would have been on the fence for this show with my clubbing homie, but because you said he was so incredible it's a must attend - even after she said no dice on the show. I'll even go it alone if necessary. Thanks for the heads up!

I probably would have been on the fence for this show with my clubbing homie, but because you said he was so incredible it's a must attend - even after she said no dice on the show. I'll even go it alone if necessary. Thanks for the heads up!
    Farina's show is totally not what you will expect. He will blow you away with his edits of steely dan, talking heads, johnny cash and many more. The show is like a time machine back to the 60's 70's and 80's but while wearing "house music glasses" haha its just so groovin!

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    Farina's show is totally not what you will expect. He will blow you away with his edits of steely dan, talking heads, johnny cash and many more. The show is like a time machine back to the 60's 70's and 80's but while wearing "house music glasses" haha its just so groovin!
    Looking forward to it. Sounds like a blast. I'm sure I'll have gaping mouth syndrome afterwards.

(no one take that the wrong way please)

Looking forward to it. Sounds like a blast. I'm sure I'll have gaping mouth syndrome afterwards.

(no one take that the wrong way please)
    no i understand, but you will want to go out and buy 4 cdjs hahaha

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast