That feeling...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That feeling...

Tech Convert

Default That feeling...

When you walk into an even listed as a progressive house evening, and find out that the crowd hates all kinds of that "shitty techno" and wants to hear some "real music" (ie: Hardcore Rap/Twerk Music).

That's when I make a 180 and peace out

Tech Mentor

Twerk? is that some sub genre of tween wave??

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy Gash View Post
    Twerk? is that some sub genre of tween wave??
    No, it's worse.

This has honestly never happened to me. I've never been to a house night expecting or getting urban music. How the bejaysus does that happen?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

Same, never experienced this in the UK. Every event I go to, the people there know exactly what they're getting. Tickets are generally sold in advance and the venue's the music is played at have reputations for the type of music that will be played, so even people turning up on the night have a good idea what they'll be getting.

Sounds like REALLY shoddy promotional work for the event you're talking about, which really sucks for people like you who have gone there for a good night and end up surrounded by a crowd that doesn't want to be there. Hope you let them know they need to do a better job next time.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Nemes1s View Post
    Same, never experienced this in the UK. Every event I go to, the people there know exactly what they're getting. Tickets are generally sold in advance and the venue's the music is played at have reputations for the type of music that will be played, so even people turning up on the night have a good idea what they'll be getting.

Sounds like REALLY shoddy promotional work for the event you're talking about, which really sucks for people like you who have gone there for a good night and end up surrounded by a crowd that doesn't want to be there. Hope you let them know they need to do a better job next time.
    Gah, UK sounds great; definitely moving there as soon as I'm done with college. As for the club, it usually plays urban music, but Saturday nights, the play progressive/electro/dubstep, which is very clearly marked on fliers and on the website, which made it all the more astounding when I got there and find the previous DJ playing hardcore rap. I looked for management, which was nowhere to be found. I eventually asked the security for their number and he gave it to me. I called them about 4 times before they picked up and they said to just "roll with it" and hung up. At least they paid in advance; never going back there anyhow.

"You don't like the music? Look how many fucks I don't give!" *Sweeps hands out*

im 20 years old and i have very little faith in this generations music choice. personally i find 70% of it to be garbage. if the night is supposed to be progressive house or any kind of EDM for that matter dont get pissed when the dj just plays that >_>.
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

Try not too get so wrapped up in genres...if you were posting this from a DJ perspective; time to man up and play what the kids want, it'll help your career in the long run and if you aren't capable of playing different styles it's time to hang up the headphones now.

If you were writing it from a clubber perspective do as many have said above; leave.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast