Novation Launchpad Remix Decks?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Novation Launchpad Remix Decks?

Okay so I finally bought my traktor s4 and updated my software. My question is, is there a mapping (or a way) that the Novation Launchpad can control the remix decks in traktor 2.6.1 basically being used as an F1 or X1?

Nope. Since they've locked most of the usefull functionality out of the midi options, there's no way it's possible to emulate the logic and mere scope of functions of the F1 to another midi controller. Although the Midifighter 'hack' comes close i heard
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Tech Mentor

No, but it would be cool. Imagine people DJing "live" with just loops and stuff. The Novation Launchpad (maybe with a Nocturn) would be perfect for that, but NI doesn't what us to enjoy Loop DJing.

Tech Mentor

I believe there is a mapping for the Maschine MkI...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBeat View Post
    No, but it would be cool. Imagine people DJing "live" with just loops and stuff. The Novation Launchpad (maybe with a Nocturn) would be perfect for that, but NI doesn't what us to enjoy Loop DJing.
    Yeah, they hate us! They want us to hate loop DJing so much, that they created a dedicated platform within their flagship program and a dedicated controller to make sure it's used to great effect with the rest of the system, and a new format for which artists can release their music so it can be remixed and played live by everyone world wide! Bastards!
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Yeah, they hate us! They want us to hate loop DJing so much, that they created a dedicated platform within their flagship program and a dedicated controller to make sure it's used to great effect with the rest of the system, and a new format for which artists can release their music so it can be remixed and played live by everyone world wide! Bastards!
    hahah

That's a very funny post...

But Remix Decks with a Launchpad WOULD be pretty cool.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

I meant that it's not the same DJing with 1 remix deck than with 4 remix decks...

Tech Guru

No it's not, but they needed to make an option that could be all out Ableton style (4 remix decks) to something that was viable for club/touring DJs (1/2 remix decks), the modular approach they took made sense, the controller is perfect for the format, combined with the S4 it's an absolute dream to use in the club. I've found all my mixes have coherency now because I'll use similar loops all night during segues and mixes and it glues everything together. The whole thing is just mental when you dedicate time to learn it. Every person I have showed it to has gone "That's so cool." and I give them a little go on it and they always come away wanting one.

I understand the craving to use it with a launchpad, having all 4 pages available for one deck at once would be really cool or indeed controlling 4 decks with a page each. Who knows, maybe NI will release an F4?
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Mentor

No it's not, but they needed to make an option that could be all out Ableton style (4 remix decks) to something that was viable for club/touring DJs (1/2 remix decks), the modular approach they took made sense, the controller is perfect for the format, combined with the S4 it's an absolute dream to use in the club. I've found all my mixes have coherency now because I'll use similar loops all night during segues and mixes and it glues everything together. The whole thing is just mental when you dedicate time to learn it. Every person I have showed it to has gone "That's so cool." and I give them a little go on it and they always come away wanting one.

I understand the craving to use it with a launchpad, having all 4 pages available for one deck at once would be really cool or indeed controlling 4 decks with a page each. Who knows, maybe NI will release an F4?
    Well, you're totally right, but my point is that having the posibilities of ableton (actually it's 256 clips with 4 remix decks, don't know if ableton can load more) with the effects and mixing of Traktor seems pretty damn badass xD but totally understand what you mean!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast