Quick Question: Made a Playlist in Traktor - how to save in Itunes?
    Tech Convert

Default Quick Question: Made a Playlist in Traktor - how to save in Itunes?

Hi everyone,
    this is a basic question that is really really throwing off my workflow, perhaps you can help.
    I'm on a Mac book pro, 10.6.8, Traktor Scratch Pro.

How I've managed thus far:
    Some of my tracks are in my Itunes library, others seem to live permanently in my 'downloads' folder. I ended up making nearly all my 'dj playlists' in Traktor. [ Track Collection > Playlists > "wxyz playlist" ]

Working inside Traktor, I can see the waveforms, breaks, cues, etc - makes putting together sets much easier.

+

Now that I have these Traktor playlists, how do I 'recreate' this list of songs within Itunes without having to search and add each one manually to a 'new' playlist?

there has to be a way....help
    TSP/Audio8
    2xTechnics 1200 MK2
    1xRane TTM-56
    2xShure M447
    X1

Tech Mentor

Right click on playlist > Export playlist and then click on the M3U file to open in iTunes.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Right click on playlist > Export playlist and then click on the M3U file to open in iTunes.
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply! I am using Traktor Scratch Pro, not TSP2. When I right-click the playlist, I am able to export an .nml file, but not an .m3u - I also have the option of 'copying the tracks over' but that would defeat the purpose and duplicate files in itunes.

Any other suggestions?
    TSP/Audio8
    2xTechnics 1200 MK2
    1xRane TTM-56
    2xShure M447
    X1

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by StudentLoans View Post
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply! I am using Traktor Scratch Pro, not TSP2. When I right-click the playlist, I am able to export an .nml file, but not an .m3u - I also have the option of 'copying the tracks over' but that would defeat the purpose and duplicate files in itunes.

Any other suggestions?

bump! there's gotta be a way to go from .nml to .m3u - can anyone point me in the right direction?
    TSP/Audio8
    2xTechnics 1200 MK2
    1xRane TTM-56
    2xShure M447
    X1

Can't you just highlight the tracks in Traktor and drag them across into an Itunes playlist? You just need to have both programs open at once.

I use J-River Media Center, rather than Itunes, and that's what I do. Surely it would be the same.