no money is music? no wonder... here is one reason why - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Start to be negative?

So SHM has to pay me to listen to their tracks?

They don't have enough money...
    Proving that every forum should have a like button. :thumbsup:

been thinking a bit more about it and i think i finally get what bothers me about it all from this dj
    Its not that he "isnt supporting artists by purchasing tracks"
    or
    "being lazy with his music selection"

none of those things and i was really trying to find out why i couldnt say (THOSE were the reasons)

in the end i believe or feel that his music portfolio and style is going to be VERY limited.
    How is he going to accomplish doing a 2 hr show every week over and over again without playing the same songs twice?
    After a while it seemed that his songs would become predictable.
    the mix like i said was not that great. It did need some work on technique and the blends werent that tight.
    But in all in all, i tend to look REALLY deep into how a dj does their thing.... and to me..... he was not being or gonig to be creative enough to fit the mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    Proving that every forum should have a like button. :thumbsup:
    and some need an IGNORE button my friend lol

Tech Guru

From the sounds of it, he had alot of soundcloud tracks that were from not well known producers...therefore the mastering was sh!t.

There's two types of ppl on soundcloud, ppl that just put random stuff they work on to try to build a fan base and let the casual users listen to things they have created....mixes, songs, whatever.

Then there is the new bread of producers that have tracks mastered, ready to go, and actually scheduling release dates for their tracks on soundcloud to keep a steady fan base and continue to grow. Promote songs to Dj's etc...Those tracks are still usually free...but they are professionally mastered and put their for promotional purposes.

Some of the tracks are put up as testers, example....Baauer's early songs. Once they exploded they don't see the need to give them free and can make some cash off of it. Does it still make it wrong that I grabbed the free downloads when they were up, still questioning myself about that but not to worried about it.

Back to the most resent question, I think I am alot more creative using soundcloud than any paid for site like beatport. I find stuff on soundcloud well before release dates and don't fall into the popularity contest that beatport promotes. I make my decisions on teasers and once they are released I will pick them up on beatport, but rarely do my choices align with the top 100.

Plus it is easier to find cliques of similar artists if you know how to use soundcloud well. <<<---this used to be easier with labels, but now labels only pick up individual tracks of unknown producers and not sign the artists....so the 'sound' that labels look for is not as consistent

^ well said
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

it's odd to me that people question downloading free tracks or think it's unethical in some way. if they're good quality and from the artists i really fail to see the issue.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Guru

Personally I think DJ's should be exploring all legal avenues to acquire music, whether free tracks via promo mailouts, SC or paid online/real world record shops - I can't understand why you would restrict yourself, it makes no sense. Besides, buying music has never been cheaper (digital) so it's a weak excuse not to use paid sites as well. Whichever method is used, it is only right that you give feedback/support to the producer, whether that be by buying or a thumbs up/feedback on SC/FB.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    ...so the 'sound' that labels look for is not as consistent
    Youre tellin me!
    God this gets a bit irritating at times. When i pick up an album from time to time that has followed this method, its almost like a free for all on tracks. To me a label looses its identity when they do this.
    DOes anyone here remember checking out the sounds always releasing from ZYX music label?

i would have more of a problem if the whole mix was just a premix ripped from soundcloud, which is what i hear from alot of submissions these days. I cant tell you how many guys have submitted an episode of fedde's dark light sessions claiming they mixed it. Its a shame

good god 031999
    youre not the only one that has gotten this

i had built an early version of my radio station many years ago. and when i shut it down to launch the full new one in 2006
    i started getting submissions from unknown djs. Ok good, thats what i was looking for
    but
    2 mixes in one week came in, and they were BOTH from different people
    but both mixes, were previous mixes that my own djs had made

Iguess they thought that since they ripped it from a bedroom dj in ireland, no one in the US would know who they were?

shameful and fraudulence

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast