wonders do happen!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default wonders do happen!

hey guys

just wanted to report what happened to me recently.

i own a vci 100 and had a crappy old notebook with a hercules dj console which i used as a soundcard. i was happy with all of that but there was a crappy kind of feeling everytime i start the whole thing up, cause there was always some issues with the soundcard and stability....
    so i thought to myself, hm... a macbook and audio dj soundcard would be great....but i didnt have almost no money at all.

then i get a phonecall from a friend of mine...he said there is something i have to check out.
    i went there (with a thought "oh...maybe its a cheap macbook and a audio dj soundcard) and the guy said to me....there is macbook and something else.
    i was like "this cant be, or can it?"
    the guy brought the bag and i looked inside and was like stunned. a macbook 13.3 and a audio dj 8 was in there.
    he wanted some 650 euros for that...and i said yes ofcourse!!!!!
    amazing thats all i can say
    amazing
    amazing
    how that thing came to me, or i came to that thing....i dont know...

and for that price....
    what are the chances?
    so...i plugged everything in and it works like a charm!
    im just happy like a hippo

why so cheap?cause the book has a large crack on it... looks like it fell down bad....but everything works so im happy anyways...
    he got it from a cousin of his who gave up his career
    iv got a reciept

KEEP THE FAITH!
    Last edited by shomili; 01-01-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: price typo

Quote Originally Posted by shomili View Post
    hey guys

just wanted to report what happened to me recently.

i own a vci 100 and had a crappy old notebook with a hercules dj console which i used as a soundcard. i was happy with all of that but there was a crappy kind of feeling everytime i start the whole thing up, cause there was always some issues with the soundcard and stability....
    so i thought to myself, hm... a macbook and audio dj soundcard would be great....but i didnt have almost no money at all.

then i get a phonecall from a friend of mine...he said there is something i have to check out.
    i went there (with a thought "oh...maybe its a cheap macbook and a audio dj soundcard) and the guy said to me....there is macbook and something else.
    i was like "this cant be, or can it?"
    the guy brought the bag and i looked inside and was like stunned. a macbook 13.3 and a audio dj 8 was in there.
    he wanted some 350 euros for that...and i said yes ofcourse!!!!!
    amazing thats all i can say
    amazing
    amazing
    how that thing came to me, or i came to that thing....i dont know...

and for that price....
    what are the chances?
    so...i plugged everything in and it works like a charm!
    im just happy like a hippo

KEEP THE FAITH!
    hmm.... congrats
    just make sure it not stolen gear !
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

MMMMMM

see i kind of have to look at the other side and say that there is now some DJ somewhere who has had his bag with his laptop and Audio 8 stolen who will be pretty gutted/raging right now.

I can understand you jumping at such a bargain it is tempting, and not saying that it was necessarily your mate who was the one who lifted it may have just been passed to him, but seems pretty obvious that magic bags with laptops and especially such a specialized sound card dont just appear out of thin air, and someone somewhere has lifted it from a DJ and i know how i'd feel if it was my stuff that got taken.

k

Congrats man, hoping all will be well.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

If the receipt is for the original gear then id say its legit.. who carrys their receipts with their dj gear ?

Well, I got it at home, but carrying it with me..? No way!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

you can always call Apple give them the serial and they will tell you who bought it, and they can even tell you if it was reported stolen etc...

definitley sounds stolen to me, "and the guy said to me....there is macbook and something else."

Musta got that crack when it fell off the lorry.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

did this "friend" offer you the goods in a dark alley? was he wearing a hood to cover his face?

And did he also have other "Goods" that hes not even familiar with?

I really suspect its stolen goods - one way to know is to see if theres an installation of traktor in the macbook (most likely since it comes with the audio8dj)

Take a note of the serial number and then ask native instrument to supply you with the name of the person that the serial is registred in

and most likely the macbook will have the poor dj's full music library inside - POOR THING Lost all his collection and beatgrids!
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast