How to switch off touch/let go vinyl effect in Traktor? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by emil_brikha View Post
    It's been eating at me since I bought my VCI 100 and today I was just randomly browsing through various forums and someone had linked this quote:

"If you look at the midi settings, what midi data is sent in 'Deck Scratch On'? For the new firmware it should be 'Note A#3' for A and 'Note H-3' for B."

Fiiiiiiinally, Now I have a perfect working setup!
    I don't see how this equates to a fix ? maybe you can explain some more ?
    Then again its 4am and i could be overlooking something lol

putting it simply, it just makes it stop behaving like that. Does it need an explanation?

Now the jog wheel releases the song without any fluctuation in the speed of the song, works flawless
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

I am posting a full article on why this problem exists and how to fix it now. thanks for bringing the subject up!

Ean, where the heck were you 2 months ago when I was pulling my hair over this? :P
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by emil_brikha View Post
    It's been eating at me since I bought my VCI 100 and today I was just randomly browsing through various forums and someone had linked this quote:

"If you look at the midi settings, what midi data is sent in 'Deck Scratch On'? For the new firmware it should be 'Note A#3' for A and 'Note H-3' for B."

Fiiiiiiinally, Now I have a perfect working setup!
    Maximum respect!

The best way to describe the problem is

if you are using a belt drive turntable and are cueing or scratching, as soon as you let go of the record there is a slight delay as the platter spins up to full speed.

this is essentially what was happening before, after applying this modification to the midi settings, as soon as you let go of the platter the audio file picks up speed immediately.

hey guys,

i want to bring this topic up again but in a different direction..
    i solved this bug by remapping it to the correct midi note, but
    i notice a very different scratch accuracy..
    when i have mapped it like the old way with the "whaa" bug i have a lot more accuracy when scratching.. i am way more on point!
    however when i fix the old bug by mapping it to the suggested midi note the scratching does feel different and when scratching the point seems to go backwards...so that i cannot stay on point and scratch..

anyone else noticed this ?

would be great to hear some feedback..

-kadkad

/bump
    still the same issue..... the jog wheels are not accurate at all! they are very accurate with the old mappings (which bring the ramp up issue) but when correcting the midi notes, the jogs are not precise at all..
    i wonder whether the new FW update will make the jogs as precise as vci 300 jogs..
    help pls..

edit: its a black vci 100. when i press both vinyl mode buttons they both turn off.. so i guess this means i do have vci 1,2
    Last edited by KADKAD; 10-13-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Necro!
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123