How to switch off touch/let go vinyl effect in Traktor?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How to switch off touch/let go vinyl effect in Traktor?

Hi.

I'm very annoyed by this effect that gives the effect of starting or stopping when I play with the jog wheels.

I find it very difficult to let go of the track without having that whaaawaaa effect where it slows down and picks up speed again. I want it to behave just like CDJs or the Torq.

Can anyone please tell me how to do this?

I'm referring to the effect in the very beginning of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Y509VQVEQ

Thanks in advance.

Maybe by switching off vinyl mode?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

If you are referring to the Snap, CD and Vinyl mode, that didn't help and it is the only place where "vinyl mode" is mentioned in the manual.

If this is not the setting, please be more specific as to what setting you are referring to.

Tech Guru

In Traktor, deck scratch messages are 2 part - there is a deck scratch on and a deck scratch. The deck scratch on is a note on/off that tells tratkor to allow scratching, and the deck scratch CC message as well. Both are needed in order to scratch.

Emil, you might want to try playing with the rotary acceleration on the deck scratch message. Lower it and see if that's more of what you want.

That did not work either. I am trying to get rid of the effect that is specific for Traktor which means when I put my finger on the jog wheel and release it has a speeding up delay to simulate vinyl but it works very bad, constantly giving a uneven pitchbend.

ANyone else wanna take a stab?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Do you want to turn the effect off altogether? If that's the case then you can remap the jog wheel to do almost anything you want. I don't scratch, so I use the wheels to control effects.

If you still want to scratch then I think there is a thread on the NI boards about how to optimize the jog wheels, but the scratch effect isn't perfect yet
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Is this not the ramp up problem with firmware 1.1?

I read about the ramp up thing previously but I don't quite understand how that sounds. My vci 100 was purchased brand new just a few weeks ago though so it should have the new firmware.

If you check the video I posted it is the effect in the beginning Im talking about, where you kind of have to let go of the wheel very exact for it to not go slow, speeded up to normal or fast, speeded down to normal.

I do scratch so I'd love to have it working better. Kind of didn't think about it that much until I tried Torq, which was flawless with this, but on disgusting plastic

You can confirm which firmware you got by following this thread http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62- Then have a read of this thread too, might shed some light... http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793

Just letting you know I'm still looking for a way to solve this. Please if you know or think you know, hit me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast