Soldering issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soldering issue

thanks for your understanding folks. Keep in mind this is the first 300 of a brand new product so there are going to be a few kinks to iron out. I can promise you that we will do everything we can to be "way cool" and solve these problems immediately.

Default Also have the over solder issue

Very happy that the MF arrived so quickly to Australia, first day of post after new years. Have the soldering issue on one point. Have got some nice macro photos so that people can see a bit better. Luckily for me I've got a temperature controlled soldering iron, but in some cases if it's just a little solder build up it may be possible to gently scrape it away with a scribe.

Hopefully it's easy to fix.

As someone with missing screws and the soldering problem in three buttons I want to say thank you; you've definitely been way cool about all of it. Sending the extra screws and offering to replace pcbs is very well appreciated!

Tech Convert

For anyone interested or keeping track, I tried the heated knife technique, which worked to an extent, but not quite enough for my slot. I contacted the DJTT crew (who were already sending out the missing screws) and they've already sent out a replacement PCB. So if you have issues, fear not!

Tech Student

i had one button slot that seemed to be soldered completely shut. trying to force it in caused the button clip to bend. i took to it with an X-acto (?) knife and had success.

i received 66/300 a couple of days ago. woot!

i'm assembling this weekend, because i want to custom the faceplate and back plate. but i did a test fit of all the button slots, and all were perfect. looks like i received all the screws as well.

just wanted to report the good news.

pics to come when its done.
    !
    Vista | Traktor Pro 2 | VCI-400 EGE | VCI-100 Arcade | MF Pro Beat Masher | MidiFighter Classic (pics)
    Soundcloud

Tech Convert

Update:

After some awesome support from DJTT, I received a replacement PCB along with my missing screws. They also provided a return UPS label for the old PCB, so I didn't have to pay to ship it back. Classy!

I'm sad I had to give up old #5/300 because I didn't have a soldering iron, but it seems like #113 is ready to rock. Besides, I'd rather have a higher number that works than a lower number that I can just sit and drool over without using, haha.

Thanks again for all the support and suggestions everyone. I'm glad these dudes got my money because they are the real deal, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this community goes.

Default Missing screws!

Ah Killer!

Looks like mine is missing four screws also! Massively sucks!
    Was so looking forward to getting mine all ready and good to go!

I need my screws?
    I've sent an email to DJTT but no reply? Can anyone help me!?

Tell a lie: Just checked my email. Some screws are in the post. A class DJTT.

Tech Convert

Glad to see your screws are on the way. Also, if the missing screws are just the top ones, you can still plug in the arcade buttons and it will keep it together enough for you to play with until the screws come. I wouldn't be super rough with it, but it's certainly sturdier than you might imagine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12