Slow to load. Slow to analyze. Just plain slow.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Slow to load. Slow to analyze. Just plain slow.

Hey DJTT,

Okay so I recently bought a friends used laptop, and have been having some issues with Traktor.

First off the specs:
    160GB HD
    2 GB Ram
    On Board intel 954 video chipset
    Windows Vista Home Premium

Anyways, My problem I am facing is that loading traktor is not an issue, but once inside, it seems to bog everything down, originally had cpu load issues and adjusted latency and everything accordingly as to not have anymore problems. However I am still having issues analyzing, loading my tracks, and am just plain stuck. Doing a bit of research, I think its safe to say its not a latency issues, songs seem to 'play' fine. I have read a few things placing a lot of blame on vista, could this be my issue? Or not enough ram? Video adapter?

Help Me Out!
    Please,

Thanks for your time,

ShookStar

Which version of Traktor?

I'd say it's your computer. My computer has about twice the amount or RAM, and while I'm playing a track and laoding up another, there's a slight visual "hiccup". If Traktor is analyzing tracks at the same time then I run into actual stalls and audio dropouts.

This is all with TP2. When I had Traktor Pro 1, I had no problems whatsoever.

Tech Wizard

TP2 as well.
    I've tried the tricks, such as multicore processors, setting my afinity, and disabling lan.
    I just upgraded the ram, it came with 512 :O, but its at 2 gigs now.
    I know vista is a resource hog, but wasn't sure if it would relate to the issues.

I doubt Vista is the issue. I used Vista for a short time with TP1, and didn't experience any issues whatsoever. For me, TP2 seems to be a bit of a resource hog, and that's with 4gb of ram. I'd say it's your computer.

I tried all the PC optimization tricks too, and the difference was either negligible, or non-existent.

Which version of TP2 are you using? I upgraded to 2.5, but noticed the CPU load was noticeably higher, so I decided to use a previous version instead.

Tech Wizard

I'm also on 2.5 as well, might just head back to 2.0 :P or even 1...

Sounds like it's definitely your PC specs mate.

Tech Wizard

In the process of upgrading to 4 gigs of ram, will let you all know about the trial.
    Thanks to all thus far.

I'd be interested to know whether it helps as I'm hoping extra ram will solve my own problems.

upgrade RAM and upgrade OS to Win7 and don't install anything on it, and only use it for Traktor, it should be happy, but without out knowing what CPU you have i have on clue for your outcome

what's the clock speed on the processor?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast