Difficult tracks to map

Default Difficult tracks to map

Ok, just finished beatmapping 400 odd tracks, When I first got TP I was beatmapping like mad, then I took a Hiatus and just recently I began again. Looking back at the tracks I had already mapped, I realized I had done a poor job of it, And Remapped them.

Only just the other day I read a post about mapping acapelas, I then Applied this to my collection and hey presto, a few more tracks complete.

Now I am only left with a few tracks that I cant seem to map, It seems that they may have a sutle rising tempo, or tempo shift I know we cant warp tracks in TP but is there a method of setting multiple beatmarkers in a troublesome track.

Tracks I'm having trouble mapping

Till there was you - Gabriel & Dresden Club Mix

Who's Afraid of Detroit - Stanton Warriors remix

Shingaling - Oridginal Mix

Any advice?
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

The only way this is gonna help you is if for example the track has a flat tempo, then speeds up or slows down, then returns to the original tempo. If it just steadily changes over the course of the track you are screwed
    But as long as the parts of the track that you mix in or out from have the same bpm, you can set several grids to isolate those sections.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

yeah I have a folder of nearly 100 tracks that are just a nightmare to grid. what i have had some luck with is setting a a separate marker at the beginning and end of the song. its not perfect, and sort of limits your mixing to the intro/outro fashion. if you dont have a way to "warp" your tracks to a flat tempo, then you are stuck riding the pitch fader.
    Last edited by sm00sh; 01-04-2010 at 02:49 AM. Reason: typo

If it takes me more than about 2 minutes to map a track, i usually just delete it lol. gotta stop doing that!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

That's been my problem lately. I really need Ableton to warp these damn things.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

I toss it into ableton, set warp markers, export and import back into traktor. Had this problem with alot of old songs that were not recorded to a click.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    If it takes me more than about 2 minutes to map a track, i usually just delete it lol. gotta stop doing that!
    +1

Also started to delete tracks that were "ok" - chances are I never play them anyways so why even set a Beatgrid (takes me even more than 2 Minutes per track)
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

For the time Being I relabled the Tracks With a CS affix (cant sync)

Till there was you - Gabriel & Dresden Club Mix

This is one of my fav's, had a lot to do with the reason I got into EDM, I was a hater earlier on!

So for now ill use the freeze trick for this track.
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

put a link up we may be able to help

yeah man i hate it when these things happen (tempo fluctuations)

i do have a separate folder playlist named "UNFINISHED BUSINESS"

one day when i can be bothered, or when traktor offers beat warping for tempo fluctuations, i will grid them, otherwise they will stay in that folder

Depending on january 14th serato + ableton announcement - i might go back to serato - as soon as serato offer beatgrids + quantised loops + ableton style beat warping i might be considering switching to serato (or maybe use both?? dunno - i hope someone creates a tool that converts libraries between them!)
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50