Any reason NOT to buy Rane SL3 right now?

Default Any reason NOT to buy Rane SL3 right now?

Hi,

I'm switching over to a DVS system with turntables and after a lot of back and forth I'm going with Serato over TSP (Don't hate, I have my reasons, and I do love traktor too). I finally have enough $$ to get an SL3 system but I wanted to check if anyone knew if this was foolish to do this close to NAAM. I've read on the serato boards that rane is planning on releasing something but most seem to think its a 4 chan mixer, which doesn't matter to me. Anyone else know anything? Thanks.
    15" Macbook Pro D2.6ghz: SSL, 1200's/CDJ 400's, DJM 400 / Ableton Live 8, APC 40.

The SL3 was only released recently, the SL1 was around for years before this, so you should be OK. But then again, you never know.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bgardali View Post
    Hi,

I'm switching over to a DVS system with turntables and after a lot of back and forth I'm going with Serato over TSP (Don't hate, I have my reasons, and I do love traktor too). I finally have enough $$ to get an SL3 system but I wanted to check if anyone knew if this was foolish to do this close to NAAM. I've read on the serato boards that rane is planning on releasing something but most seem to think its a 4 chan mixer, which doesn't matter to me. Anyone else know anything? Thanks.
    NAMM only happens once a year, and since its 9 days away, you might as well just wait it out and see whats going on, especially since they are announcing what the collaboration with Ableton has yielded.

Would suck to drop cash on something only to have something else released that's potentially cheaper and better, if not, slightly more expensive but considerably better in value.