could anyone give me a bit of help with midi & traktor?
    Tech Wizard

Default could anyone give me a bit of help with midi & traktor?

can anyone help me setup my korg nano and x-session pro in with traktor please, still pretty new to this got an audio 2 dj on order and gonna go through all the tutorials for traktor but could do with a bit of help, any would be appreciated! cheers guys

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Do a search in the mapping forum and on the native instrument forum for X-Session Pro TSI and see what comes up. I doubt M-Audio will give an official one but it's worth checking if NI does. If not you might have to map it yourself but there's no better way to learn MIDI than that, really.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

thanks for the quick respone Dvls, i was looking at mapping it myself but being pretty new it all i dont have a clue where to start, did map the x session from another post on here but the cross fader didnt work with traktor also got the kontrol editor for the nano but dont have a clue with it.. was kinda looking to set em up play around with them then pick it up as i go along (easy way out really)
    looked everywhere for TSI's for both but cant seem to find that many..
    plus i was hoping that someone could help me set both up in traktor pro (walkthrough if poss) or if anything was avail about setting up two midi controllers in traktor pro.

cheers

Jay
    Last edited by Jay; 01-04-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Jay jump on Pootube and check out the eangolden channel. A lot of useful stuff about midi mapping basics etc up on there. Don't Panic! mapping isn't as hard as it may first appear once you click to the basix geez even i can (sorta) do it now lol
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Yeah map it yourself. No better way to learn.

It sounds difficult but in fact it's easy and only tedious.

The recipe:
    Preferences, controllers, add new controller.

When you have a new controller:
    Add new function, midi learn, touch the button on the controller, turn off midi learn, repeat for each button/knob on the controller.

This is basically what it's all about. It's easy. I can't understand why people are always asking for TSIs.... You also have to set some specific details if it's a knob or a button, and maybe add some of your spice to make it more custom.

You can download a tsi and load it to see how the led return thing is done if your controller has leds.

Its more of pain in the ass-end changing preset mappings than to just do them from scratch yourself. It doesn't have to be anything fancy at first, once you get some confidence with it you can add more complicated stuff like 8 modifiers later on. Just about everytime i play i'm changing the tsi's on our gears.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Everyone's setup and mixing style is different. What i've setup my gear to do, but not be useful to you with the way you do things.

Best tip I can give to setup midi gear is to make it an evolving process of taking a mental note of everytime you had to use my mouse for something. Then slowly mapping controls to all those functions in an ergonomic way. Rome wasn't built in a day. Even if you had a good idea on a whole custom mapping for a controller, once you actually use it, you may think of new ways of streamlining the process and re-order the whole mapping.

X-session is pretty straight forward. If you'll be using

Tech Wizard

thanks guys gonna give it a whirl tonight then, one more thing whats the difference between tki and tks?

cheers

Jay

tsi is for traktor pro, tks was for traktor3

another hint for your mapping: if you search for a certain function, just choose the [info] button on the top right conrner and flip the mouse over the fiel you want to choose.
    a window pops up, that thows you the name and description of the button/field etc you chose.
    the go find this name in the settings->controller->add in...

good luck!

Tech Wizard

thanks alot any other useful info anyone can point me in the direction of (of course stuff thats not already on djtt) would be helpful. Thanks again