Lost BPM and Star rating

Default Lost BPM and Star rating

I have beatmapped my collection, However on somtracks the BPM dosnt show in respective columb within TP, even though the Beatgrid has been locked. Does this have to be updated in Itunes, because I checked in Itunes and the BPM's showing there are all fucked up. Some are still showing half time, even though I have corrected it in TP.

Also, i seem to be loosing star ratings withins TP on maybe 10% of tracks.

Im running TP 1.2.1 with MAC OSX 10.5.5

I also Upgrading my tags to 2.4... It was some time ago and im more than sure i converted all tracks. Is there a way of checking this? Does it hurt if I just select my whole collection again and opt for the 2.4?

Any idea's?
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Do you have a seperate collection for traktor or do you use the itunes library buddy?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

dude... if you upgrade your tags you might lose Grids/hotcues!

Done this before - horrifying results

lucky i always backup my collection to external hdd

now i leave them as it is - as long as it plays well in traktor i leave em' be (the tags)
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Here is my work Flow, I cleared TP then went through all my tracks in Itunes, allocating genre / infoo and star rating. I then Ran the whole collection via PN and MIK, it was at this time that I upgraded tags to 2.4.

I then opened TP and imported my itunes collection to my Traktor collection. Then I set about beatmapping all tracks. During the mapping process I backed up my system a number of times using time machine. A few times during the beatmapping process I had noticed lost star rating, i would cross refrence this with itunes and it appears my star rating in itunes didnt want to show in TP (for only a few tracks)

Having finished mapping I deleted my collection and reimported it from itunes..... I guess I figured that if I had locked a beatgrid within TP that it would automatically update the MP3 tag and thus show in the BPM columb within Traktor.

Maybe I have to manually give the BPM values in itunes then re import collection to TP????
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Why are you putting yourself through all of that?

Once you have it all set in Traktor why are you clearing it and reimporting it?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Well, I guess I was just experimenting... I like to tinker, or feel my way out. Since my collection was only 400 tracks and I had just backed it up, I didnt see the harm. Really I just wanted to know for future reference that if i deleted my track collection, would everything still be there when re importing.

Oh okay, that makes sense. Thought you were doing this with some huge collection, heh

You need to make sure everything gets written to the tags, and in TPro the only way to do that is to eject the track, to be sure after you've loaded it. but even then it seems things get lost. Lord knows I have lost whole grids and cue points before.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Last night I went through collection and checked tags in both itunes and TP. It would appear as though all my BPM's have appeared within TP, its just maybe 10 star rating that arnt showing. I just edited those tags within TP and hopefully everything will remain were it is. Later I can update BPM values within itunes, for now I have just deleted the column, out of sight out of mind.

yeah, I do the same thing.

Also, make sure you load the tracks you added the star rating to and unload them from Traktor. That will write them to the tag with Traktor's data and give you the ability, in theory, to load it correctly in other versions of Traktor, or after you've cleared a collection
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall