TP Scratch - HELP - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    hmm... it kinda sounds like a cdj problem maybe? Like, I know some people have had issues, where the cue buttons on the cdj themselves had a little wobble, like they didnt set down in the right place. I dont use cdj's though... soooo i have no idea what I'm talking about.
    Hmmm... well, that'd be strange. I use those same CDJs all the time just to play with CDs. They work perfectly with CDs. They're also almost brand new and MKIIIs are still the club standard for CDJs, so they should work with Traktor's timecode without any strange issues.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Tech Guru

yeah, i know they are club standard haha. If they work fine with cd's.... then thats not the problem i would say. Maybe some of the other timecode guys can come help you out. idk if Karlos uses TC, but he seems pretty versed in all of traktor, so he could probably help you out?

Quote Originally Posted by B33SON View Post
    I tried this on a fresh install with no midi mappings loaded. The timecode shouldn't be using Midi mappings or even be affected by them.
    Hmmmm. This does sound strange then. I don't use timecode so I'm stumped.

Tech Guru

B33SON-
    This sounds like the bug that's been getting at least a little attention over on the NI forums. A look at "technical issues" section should bring it up.
    I don't think you're doing anything wrong, I know you know how to use this program.

BTW, not to hijack the thread, but do you still have your night at Blake's? When I heard that, I was pretty excited to hear abt. controllerists taking over. I've played that club on TT's, back in the day, but not since going digi. Still a good vibe over there?
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

Well, i'm pretty sure all of those were off, but I will double check. I'm sure it's not snap, because when cued, the track position in the wave form will jump from the Grid Marker to 1/4 beat forward off the grid marker rather than to it.
    You need them on dude, not off! But if it still does it when its on then I have been reading loads of posts about peeps having compatibility issues with CDJ's. Could be something to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    B33SON-
    This sounds like the bug that's been getting at least a little attention over on the NI forums. A look at "technical issues" section should bring it up.
    I don't think you're doing anything wrong, I know you know how to use this program.

BTW, not to hijack the thread, but do you still have your night at Blake's? When I heard that, I was pretty excited to hear abt. controllerists taking over. I've played that club on TT's, back in the day, but not since going digi. Still a good vibe over there?
    Interesting. Ya, i think I read something similar on the NI forum. Seems really absurd though because I know this has been happening since 3.4... which is like 1.5 years ago. Seems impossible that something so basic hasn't been fixed after so long.

Anyhow, ya, I still do a show called Electro Pop Rocks every Wednesday at Blakes. It's a good vibe. Over the summer it's fuckin nuts and over Winter break it's been just as insane.

This was at 10 pm a couple weeks ago:

http://www.facebook.com/v/1174599445601

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    You need them on dude, not off! But if it still does it when its on then I have been reading loads of posts about peeps having compatibility issues with CDJ's. Could be something to do with that.
    I don't understand why Snap, Quantize or Sync should be on. The point of timecode is to allow the CDJs to control the transport of the tracks.

Tech Guru

I don't understand why Snap, Quantize or Sync should be on. The point of timecode is to allow the CDJs to control the transport of the tracks.
    Snap means that when you make a cue point in traktor it will be bang on a grid marker. It doesnt matter if you use cdj, vinyl or internal mode. When you make a cue point is the track playing or are you holding down the platter and hitting cue? Cos if it does it while its playing and snap isnt on you might not be getting it as accurate as you think.
    After reading your original post again I've realised you might be talking about making a cue on the actual CDJ itself. If thats the case then like I said in my first post, I havent used a CDJ with traktor yet so dont know about reliability of that side of things. But I thought I'd just point out the snap thing as sometimes its something simple.

Hope you manage to sort it

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    After reading your original post again I've realised you might be talking about making a cue on the actual CDJ itself. If thats the case then like I said in my first post, I havent used a CDJ with traktor yet so dont know about reliability of that side of things. But I thought I'd just point out the snap thing as sometimes its something simple.

Hope you manage to sort it
    Yea, I was talking about making the cue point on the CDJ, which is normally very reliable and accurate.

Tech Mentor

I found when using Timecode cds the cue and looping on the cdj is always off

Its always abit out I think its to do with timecode latecy in comparison to reg cds.

Mind you I heard Traktor scratch pro is a bit better than most due to the 2 kh timecode.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast