Arcade controller conversion to MIDI

Default Arcade controller conversion to MIDI

I found one of those old nintendo arcade controllers and much like my xbox controller was wondering if i could convert the connection to USB and convert the signal flow into MIDI so i could use to controller samples and loops in Ableton live.

Help please?

p.s Sinead's a babe.

You can buy kits to convert nes controllers to usb but i not sure about arcade controlers, personaly i would stick a aurdino nano inside the controlers and add a midi out port so it can be used to control any midi divice (im currently converting a joystick to like this and im very happy with the results so far).

I dont see any easy way of atatching the controler to your pc without some heavy modification.

Quote Originally Posted by CerebralExcretion View Post
    You can buy kits to convert nes controllers to usb but i not sure about arcade controlers, personaly i would stick a aurdino nano inside the controlers and add a midi out port so it can be used to control any midi divice (im currently converting a joystick to like this and im very happy with the results so far).

I dont see any easy way of atatching the controler to your pc without some heavy modification.
    Thanks mate, I will probabably steer clear of doing that conversion for now, I have limited electronics skills.
    Would love to see photos of that converted joystick if you have time to upload them.