Saving Traktor Window Layouts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Saving Traktor Window Layouts

Since I've upgraded to Firmware 1.3 and started using the VCI-100SE 1.3 TKS, I've started to tweak the TKS to activate appropriate layouts depending on which mode I'm in. I've created 7 layouts that I can switch to depending on which Knob or Button I've pressed. I've found this very useful, but it was quite a bit of work and I'd like to be able to save this for when I upgrade or perhaps even share it with others in case they're interested in using it as well. Does anyone know if these custom layouts are saved in a configuration file? In other words, is there a TKS equivalent for the Window Layouts?
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

ive incorporated double macro's aswell, its really cool. all your layouts are saved in the same tks file, both window and page layouts
    Last edited by VoOFA; 09-16-2008 at 03:30 PM.
    deephouse mix click here
    bangin' house mix click here
    VCI-100SE arcade button mod pictures here
    myspace/runehund
    doggydog.net

Default Are we talking about the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by VoOFA View Post
    all your layouts are saved in the same tks file, both window and page layouts
    I think you mean the hotkeys and midi triggers to select the page are saved in the TKS

...but what if you edit the Window Layout itself? Like Right click on the upper panel uncheck "Lock Current Layout". Make your changes. Then click "Lock Current Layout". How do you save those changes? --Sorry if this is what you mean, but I looked in the TKS files and they only have structures for saving your hotkeys or your midi triggers as far as I can tell.

oh, now i get it, sorry!

it might be the "TDS3Gui.tks" file then, but im not sure!

last time i reinstalled Traktor and overwrote the "Traktor3" settings directory (im on mac) everything was as before so its gotta be in there somewhere, but then again my memory has deceived me before, i will have to do another reinstall to confirm this. im affraid your gonna have to hope for another answer ...or do the tests yourself
    Last edited by VoOFA; 09-16-2008 at 05:16 PM.
    deephouse mix click here
    myspace/runehund
    doggydog.net

Default Re: TDS3Gui.tks

oh, now i get it, sorry!

it might be the "TDS3Gui.tks" file then, but im not sure!

last time i reinstalled Traktor and overwrote the "Traktor3" settings directory (im on mac) everything was as before so its gotta be in there somewhere, but then again my memory has deceived me before, i will have to do another reinstall to confirm this. im affraid your gonna have to hope for another answer ...or do the tests yourself
    I looked in TDS3Gui.tks and there don't seem to be enough values to configure all of those windows.

...But then I realized I could use Windows Search to search in all the files and folders in my Traktor3 folder. I searched for my custom names I had given to my layouts like "FADER FX MODE" and found those names in "Traktor DJ Studio 3 Settings.xml". By the name this should be the right file. Tonight I'll copy it to my other computer and see if I get the same layouts. Looks very promising! Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by mycole View Post
    I looked in TDS3Gui.tks and there don't seem to be enough values to configure all of those windows.

...But then I realized I could use Windows Search to search in all the files and folders in my Traktor3 folder. I searched for my custom names I had given to my layouts like "FADER FX MODE" and found those names in "Traktor DJ Studio 3 Settings.xml". By the name this should be the right file. Tonight I'll copy it to my other computer and see if I get the same layouts. Looks very promising! Thanks for your help.
    By the way, I confirmed with Native Girl that this is the file you need to back up if you want to save your layouts.

super cool mycole! funny thing is, my layouts went crazy last night, traktor just kept skipping through them all. I copied over settings.xml and problem solved. thank you
    deephouse mix click here
    myspace/runehund
    doggydog.net

There's actually only a single line you need to change to fix that. Search for layouts changing or going crazy on the forum and you'll see.... gotta run to a meeting otherwise I'd find it for ya. Sorry.

ive incorporated double macro's aswell, its really cool. all your layouts are saved in the same tks file, both window and page layouts
    I've been wondering since the hawtin videos how to do that.. My quick solution was binding "window layout toggle" to a hotkey, but that only gives me 2 layouts; and they aren't tied to my performance modes, like I would like.

Did u setup your double macros to activate with your performance modes? Any chance anyone does a write up on this? In advance, thanks!

I made double macros to windowlayouts, same as Hawtin's. Just make your preformance modes a window layout and you should be fine ;] check this thread for more info: Richie Hawtin - Traktor Setup
    deephouse mix click here
    myspace/runehund
    doggydog.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast