Opinion's on buisness cards - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the feedback guys! here's the revised edition... I like it, you can read it a lot better now, I just feel like its a bit plain?

All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

Looks great, much better. Trust me (and the others) less is more for this side of the card.

The person you're giving the card to will know you're a DJ (probably?). The design will catch their eye and the next thing they will hopefully want to know is how to contact you. They dont need anything more than that.
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Be-Ne-Dek View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys! here's the revised edition... I like it, you can read it a lot better now, I just feel like its a bit plain?
    The type is HUGE. Consider making it a fair bit smaller. Down to 6/7 pt should be readable in most typefaces, and for cleaner more open ones 5pt is also fine.

Also consider the format, your design is rather square. This will be different from the standard. It is ok if you have a clear idea of why you are doing that. But otherwise it's just unnecessary.

Thanks for the help guys! Reducing the font size now...
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

Tech Wizard

Also check what it looks like left aligned, I tend to veer away from Center aligned text boxes in print design as the clean edge creates visual lines with negative space. Also experiment with same color scheme but a simpler font style such as a medium strength helvetica or alternatively using the same font style as on the front (however this may look too busy in a smaller font size).

Again just suggestions to play with, go for whatever feels right to you. I like the consistency in color from the front to the back and overall design is simple and clean, looks good.

Not a bad design.

One thing you must remember if your mostly promoting your self in a club... Make sure the card is also easy to read in subdued light. designs always dictate your target.... clubs you may want something that's edgy or

Or if you do a mixed bag of services that you may want to consider a professional look.

Image is everything it's what helps you set yourself apart from the others.

Here is one I created here last month for my business. took almost a week and about 20 revisions before i settled on this one...

got 1500 cards for a decent price at a local print house, glossy full color with the uv coating
    Last edited by djtimmmy; 01-11-2010 at 11:40 PM.
    Current Gear: Vestax VCI-100 with DJTT overlay and firmware mod / M-audio Fast Track Pro / Traktor Pro / Windows XP Pro / Korg Nanopad / Akai LPD8 / American Audio MCD-510 / and craploads of other gear

|www.poweralleydj.com||www.myspace.com/dj-tim|

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12