Opinion's on buisness cards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Opinion's on buisness cards

As you all know, from my previous post about my name, I'm in the process of paving my way through the DJ world much like you all here at DJTT, and a very handy thing to have when getting gigs is a business card, now, here's my design, lemme know what you think...

Front -

Back-
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

Tech Wizard

definitely gets your attention. just make sure you get the glossy ones and not the matte finish. it makes it look more professional and people are less likely to throw them away.

check your spelling on videographer buddy apart from that, lookin good.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

The front is good. Very 80s to me, but if you like it it's allright.

The back has one fatal error. The info is not clear enough. You have to use a simpler sans serif font to display data. Like Helvetica, Arial, Univers, etc. For example one could confuse the 4s with 9s... that is an unforgivable error in the design world.

One proof that the text is not very readable is that you have an error on the word videographer. With a clear text that error would pop up.

In this jpg the text is more or less readable, but your card is going to be at least 50% smaller than that. So really, choose a simpler font for the data.

On a more subjective note I think the white figures on the back could be deleted. in design usually less is more. You have enough style/personality/cool factor with the colors on the front. That is what people will remeber. You don't need to put more graphical elements that IMO result in clutter.

It's a business card, not a poster.

Quote Originally Posted by pier View Post
    The back has one fatal error. The info is not clear enough. You have to use a simpler sans serif font to display data. Like Helvetica, Arial, Univers, etc. For example one could confuse the 4s with 9s... that is an unforgivable error in the design world.

On a more subjective note I think the white figures on the back could be deleted. in design usually less is more. You have enough style/personality/cool factor with the colors on the front. That is what people will remeber. You don't need to put more graphical elements that IMO result in clutter.
    +1 to this. The white figures also look pretty low quality. I know it's going to be printed small but the turntables look very blurry as well as looking a bit cut off at the top.

I'd lose the white figures as the other guy said and just slap your info in a nice crisp clear font in the middle. Use the same colours. Will look very professional, the front is awesome.

Make sure you send the print company 300 dpi pdfs for maximum quality prints too
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Tech Guru

Sack off the white figures man! It's so cliche to have pictures of decks and stuff when you're a DJ. I'd just have the writing centred. Wicked design other then that tho! Definitely feeling the repetitive Benedek side!

yeah front side is pretty dope, it stands apart and can be easily recognized. the back, if you want to keep the figures, move them to the top at least and move the text to the bottom, since the figures get cut off on the top, putting them against the top edge will make the cutoff invisible. but aside from that, you could just scrap them as previously mentioned.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    check your spelling on videographer buddy apart from that, lookin good.
    +1
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJBanyon View Post
    definitely gets your attention. just make sure you get the glossy ones and not the matte finish. it makes it look more professional and people are less likely to throw them away.
    guess thats a matter of taste. i think glossy looks real cheap on business cards.

nice cards dude, loving the 80s vibe

but yeah, check your spelling and lose the white guys. It's all about simplicity..

Nice colour scheme though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast