Exporting my traktor collection to notepad?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Exporting my traktor collection to notepad?

Right I know the header is somewhat deceptive, but I want to relabel lots of tracks I purchased from Itunes into their correct genres, so I can then put them in the correct place for mixing.

is there a way to either export from Traktor or Itunes the tune information onto say a notepad or word or anything else, so i can just read and edit the genre? going to be searching djtunes and beatport and the likes to get the correct genre, then edit said file and save

any help appreciated

why don't you just do a mass edit in the traktor library mate? or am i misinterpreting what you want to do.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

basically i have just over 900 files to edit, there all labelled electronica or dance as per itunes, i want to relabel them either tech house/house or deep house then stick them into playlists according to genre, i want to export the data then go search the websites and find the correct info, because Itunes doesn't label things properly or they stick them under those two genres i have to do it myself, once i have saw a word doc or notepad doc with the tracks and correct genres i will then relabel them in Itunes and that will instantly update Traktor for me.

EG i have most of the back catalogue of Freerange records, i know most of their tracks fall into the above genres so want to label them properly

Tech Mentor

... hmmm... so why don't you do it in traktor?

Even if you manage to export some kind of text file and then you put the genre in that file, you will have to then paste the new genre for every track in traktor, itunes, or somewhere else where you can edit the mp3 tags.

Some info is written in the track itself, and sometimes it's in the traktor database...

Beatport is misleading in genres btw... sometimes they label prog as techno, prog as trance, minimal as techno, etc... and what about tracks that fit perfectly in two genres? Beatport simply chooses one...

I say put your own description.

Yeah I have to relabel the genres on a lot of my purchases from Juno/Beatport. Genre can actually be quite a subjective thing.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Yes appreciate that, but i was thinking more along the lines i could sit on my pc with my 24" monitor and find the genres or i could do it on a laptop with a 15" screen which most defintely i would prefer to avoid

as for genres only been back since June i am starting to notice the disparity with labelling, admittedly i avoid Beatport and buy from other sources, mainly because artwork never works on Beatport

will try your suggestions.

Beatport Defiantly labels genre's wrong, I listen then Label myself in itunes.
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    is there a way to either export from Traktor or Itunes the tune information onto say a notepad or word or anything else, so i can just read and edit the genre? going to be searching djtunes and beatport and the likes to get the correct genre, then edit said file and save

any help appreciated
    As far as I know, this isn't possible as you describe it. Id3 tags are saved to each MP3 seperately, so even if you did have one document that listed all the Id3 information, by changing it you would only be changing the document not the tags of the MP3.

What you could do is use iTunes's tag editor, or another tag editor like Jaikoz to correct the genre, or do it in Traktor. I haven't used it much, but from what I've seen, Trainspotter mentioned other places on the forum has a decent tagging editor and can also do some pretty neat things with playlists and your traktor library.

You could do it on your 24" screen, as long as you have a program to sync the changed files to your laptop. Either that or make sure that you replace the old laptop files with the new ones from your desktop and reimport to traktor.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Do you have your files running through an external or are they all onboard?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

everything is onboard, what I was going to do which might sound long winded was extract the info written in the files, then go search webpages to get said genres then hand type each genre on to each track manually yes i know that's crazy but i love long winded ways because i prefer it to be done correctly, then if anything is wrong i cant blame anyone but me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast