Need a bit of advice setting up my Audio 2 DJ...

Default Need a bit of advice setting up my Audio 2 DJ...

I've set it up as per the instructions in the manual. I've got my headphones on channel B and my master on channel A and everything plays fine. However cueing tracks seems a bit wrong to me...

The track plays on the master channel at the selected volume and also plays in my headphones at a much lower volume when i have the cue button for that deck off. When i turn the cue button on the song volume jumps up way louder in my headphones but still plays on the master channel. I thought it would stop playing in the master channel and play only in my headhones.

The main reason i got a soundcard was so i could listen to tracks in sync with the main song playing but only in my headphones. So i could preview effects or loops etc.

Am i missing something? Is this how it's meant to work??? This is my first sound card so i wouldn't be suprised if i'm just being a retard and have set it up wrong
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Tech Mentor

No, that's the way it works. If the volume fader is up, the tune is going through the master channel. If the cue button is lit, then it's also going to the headphones.

Also, you can adjust the master/cue balance in the little panel at the top of traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by n2hf1st View Post
    No, that's the way it works. If the volume fader is up, the tune is going through the master channel. If the cue button is lit, then it's also going to the headphones.

Also, you can adjust the master/cue balance in the little panel at the top of traktor.
    Thought that might be the case. I guess i could use the cross fader or up faders to mute the track. But that might get a bit annoying Especially with fader FX on. Or with decks C and D. Will have to have a fiddle with it.
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

No. That is how it is meant to work. To preview a track without it playing in the master, make sure that channel's upfader is down or the crossfader is on the other side (depending on whether you use the crossfader or not). Play the track, hit the cue button.

Now use the mix knob at the top of the middle of the screen to hear the master output in your headphones, or just the cue output, or a mixture of the two.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by n2hf1st View Post

The only way that it works this way is if you have your master/cue balance not at cue 100%.

So just turn the knob all the way to cue and you'll be fine.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you want to cue a track without it being heard over the master channel, and without hearing the master channel, you do as Chilly said, but also mute the cue'd channel. Either do this by pulling the volume fader down or kicking the x-fader over to the master channel side.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall