Help with DJ name/logo design
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Help with DJ name/logo design

Hey everyone I very excited to say i'm playing the lounge I work at on January 22nd, it will be another downtempo hip hop instrumental night. I had a very successful gig at a boardshop here in town so i'm trying to keep the momentum rolling. I didn't have my DJ name on display at the first one so I want to have it here. The name i'm going with is CLOUD. I was originally thinking of a bubble graffiti style font i'm not thinking more of a simple clean font. The logo I was thinking would be a very simple stencil looking cloud I don't have anything designed quite yet I was just looking for some insight. I feel with a simple look it will be something I can grow with and won't have to drastically change as time goes on.

If this helps your imagination I play chill downtempo hip hop in lounge settings, and in clubs (when I get there) I plan to play Electro, Indie, Disco, and Bmore tracks

Tech Guru

I was potentially thinking of the name Kid Shine but at the same time I feel like people would view me as some cocky DJ. And I don't know what sort of logo could go with that.

Tech Wizard

Which have you decided on,

Opinion**
    A cloud outline that looks sketched or a few outlines with the word cloud scrolling through the bottom of one of the edges would look pretty solid.
    With either of the names it needs to be pretty simple and clean, which fits the music style

Its really hard to describe without imagery, however if you come up with a name you're going to stick with and would be willing to look at my design ideas I'd make a few up for you

Tech Guru

Kid Shine to me has more attitude and as my confidence grows I can see myself growing into that kind of attitude. Cloud to me feels very laid back which in the future is not the vibe i'm going for i'm going for an exciting, fun, energetic vibe.

Im looking to get a design too, just got my first gig coming up the 23rd, live pa stuff with ableton and other gear, maybe some regular DJ gigs later but im trying something new.

name''s Kopeland and i wanted to get a kinda retro-futurism 80's style logo for my soundcloud and upcoming site;I play Italo space disco and house with some deep techno stuff too, all over the place.

been looking at online tutorials but ive never messed with photoshop or anything, how hard is it to edit a jpeg of a cool design i find? If i find all the letters in other designs can i just do a mashup to get my name?

Tech Guru

hey Weezi i'd be interested in receiving some help from you. The font I could handle but the logo is what i'm struggling with.

Tech Mentor

Why don't you simply ask for a designer to do it?

You'll have better results for sure, and will have less headaches.

He will know about graphic trends, about picking the right Pantone, about doing a graphic that translates well in different mediums/sizes, etc. Never underestimate experience.

Maybe wheezi is a designer..

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

kinda sloppy cause iv got a few things going on

Tech Wizard

haha yeah I do graphic / web design as a career atm
    send me a PM with specifications if you're still interested, I'll make some mock ups for you if you haven't already come upon something you prefer, also give me some ideas of the font and anything else you'd like included

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast