change effect slots
    Tech Wizard

Default change effect slots

Hey All,

Long time no post.

Quick question, How do i change the effects and get them to save into the 6 slots? I played with the originals that came out with the mapping for ages now and want to try some new things but i change the effects and as soon as i move a knob they change back to what they were. I have tried the Snapshot button but that doesnt work. I remember seeing how to do it a long time ago but i just cant seem to track it down.

All help will be appreciated.

Happy DJing to all in 2010 and congrats to DJTechTools for going so far!

Are you using a VCI100?

Which version of TP?
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Seems like the knob is programmed to also change the fx settings if you twist it. Look at the MIDI mapping section of the settings in traktor and look for the knob you are turning and remove any instances having to do with fx selection for that knob only. Of you need a more detailed explanation then gimme a shout but I'm on mobile now which is slow and means I can't open tp myself.. sorry

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

All you need to do is set a Direct command for each FX Bank.

So it would be FX Chained: Direct to the effect, and set it to FX bank 1, 2, 3, or 4 and it should work fine.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Default Direct?

Dvls,

I understand what you are saying with the direct thing, i'm using 1 of DJTT original TSI's which has the effects preset to Delay, Reverb, Digital LoFi and so on and so forth. What i want to do is just change these effects to others. Is there a basic way to do it or do i have to use the modifier commands or something to select each effect? Sorry if this seems a bit wierd but i havent really played with any of the midi side of TPro since i changed to it.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You can go into the TSI and change the commands. You don't need to delete or re-add, all you have to do is change the effect that the command pulls up.

Or, you can try your hand at REALLY in depth modifier work, depending on how many Modifiers are being used already (I don't have the DJTT TSI) and try and work together even more effect commands.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall