Traktor Pro - Root directory problem! MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.2 Snow leopard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Pro - Root directory problem! MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.2 Snow leopard

Hi

Can anyone please tell me how to change my root directory to default value? (Not using Preferences as I cannot open Traktor anymore)

This message comes up when I try and open Traktor Pro

Could not initialise Traktor with root directory set to ''G-DRIVE Mini:backupdb:Macbook Pro 15" 2010-01-05:Macintosh HD:Applications:Traktor." Reset root directory to default value!

Hit the ok button and this comes up.

Could not initialise Traktor. Logfile "Traktor.log" could not be accessed and is probably write protected.

Here is what I was doing just before I messed things up :-(

I had installed Traktor Pro on my MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.2 Snow leopard. I had a problem with the Mac and I needed to hand it in for repair. I saved all information on my time machine as advised. When I got the Mac back from Apple it had none of my info on it. I dragged the Traktor Pro from the saved file in the time machine and installed back on the Mac.

Traktor Pro launched and worked fine but I did not have any of my saved settings (Playlists and Midi controls). I believe I went to preferences and changed the root directory to (and this is where i messed things up!) the settings in the time machine folder (I think I should have copied the setting over first from the time machine). Anyway, Traktor didn't like this and when I relaunched it it comes up with this message above....

I have deleted Traktor from my Mac completely (I think) and downloaded it again. I did not plug the time machine at all through this process and when I tried to open it Traktor Pro comes up with the same message...

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

M
    Last edited by michaeloakeris@msn.com; 01-12-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Tech Student

Default Yeah :(

Yeah exactly the same thing happening here on the same system, after the same process, restoring of traktor from a backup. Downloaded a clean install twice of two different versions of traktor including the newest one and still getting the error. I havn't contact Native Instruments yet though so I guess that's the first port of call really.

G

Tech Guru

Download Onyx, and perform a repair on the volume and permissions. It should jolt something back into place.

Default Wrong directory

I had a similar problem copying all my files to a different computer. Look at your message. Is

"G-DRIVE Mini:backupdb:Macbook Pro 15" 2010-01-05:Macintosh HD:Applications:Traktor"

really where your root directory belongs? Looks like an external disk. Unless you moved some stuff around, it should be something more like

"Macintosh HD:Users:usernameocuments:Native Instruments:Traktor:"

On mine, the problem was that it was looking for my former hard drive, which had a different name. Unfortunately, removing Traktor doesn't remove this pesky little file that store the location of the root directory. I fixed mine my editing the file.

Go to "~/Library/Preferences/" (~ = your home folder, e.g. "Macintosh HD:Users:username") and open "com.native-instruments.Traktor Pro.plist" with a text editor. Near the bottom is a line reading

" <key>RootDirectory</key>
    <string>[old directory from warning]</string>"

Replace the path between <string> and </string> with the path to the correct root directory (should be "Macintosh HD:Users:usernameocuments:Native Instruments:Traktor:", with your Hard Drive name and Username.

Alternatively, you could try just deleting this file and reinstalling Traktor. I haven't tried that, but it's worth a shot.

Good Luck!
    --DJ Fitzgerald

This forum's software turned some characters into smileys. Every should be a ":" followed by a "D".

That's forums for ya.

You could try the CODE brackets to enter paths.
    Code:
    "G-DRIVE Mini:backupdb:Macbook Pro 15" 2010-01-05:Macintosh HD:Applications:Traktor"

or

"Macintosh HD:Users:username:Documents:Native Instruments:Traktor:"
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by DJFitzgerald View Post
    I had a similar problem copying all my files to a different computer. Look at your message. Is

really where your root directory belongs? Looks like an external disk. Unless you moved some stuff around, it should be something more like

"Macintosh HD:Users:usernameocuments:Native Instruments:Traktor:"

On mine, the problem was that it was looking for my former hard drive, which had a different name. Unfortunately, removing Traktor doesn't remove this pesky little file that store the location of the root directory. I fixed mine my editing the file.

Go to "~/Library/Preferences/" (~ = your home folder, e.g. "Macintosh HD:Users:username") and open "com.native-instruments.Traktor Pro.plist" with a text editor. Near the bottom is a line reading

" <key>RootDirectory</key>
    <string>[old directory from warning]</string>"

Replace the path between <string> and </string> with the path to the correct root directory (should be "Macintosh HD:Users:usernameocuments:Native Instruments:Traktor:", with your Hard Drive name and Username.

Alternatively, you could try just deleting this file and reinstalling Traktor. I haven't tried that, but it's worth a shot.

Good Luck!
    --DJ Fitzgerald
    I ended up just deleting the plist and reinstalling and this worked perfectly!

THANK YOU!

Default deleting older preference files worked

removed preference file com.native-instruments.Traktor Pro.plist from library (and other older ones from previous demos) and it works - yay!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hyperlink View Post
    removed preference file com.native-instruments.Traktor Pro.plist from library (and other older ones from previous demos) and it works - yay!
    Hello hyperlink
    Can you help with this: where-which library do you mean?

I have the problem - message when i open traktor: "...could not initialize traktor with root directory"

Thank you for the help

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The location of the plist file is in post 4 of this thread.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast