Problem with Deck A in Traktor

Default Problem with Deck A in Traktor

Decks B, C, & D are working and display colored waveforms when a song is loaded into that deck. My problem is that in deck A when a song is loaded, a wave form is displayed, but it's grey. When i play songs through deck A, no sound comes out. Anyone know why?

Are you on external routing mode and dont have any soundcard settings attached to that deck ? I actually havent seen this personally so its just a guess.

My output routing mode is internal, an i have my numark dj/io soundcard attached to both the master and monitor

Assistance will be very much appreciated.

You'll be helping an aspiring Digital DJ

Your mixer mode is Internal...right? Output routing is not the correct label (if I remember correctly).

What Bento is talking about (I think) is the deck mode. You can choose to have each deck play from an internal source (like an MP3) or an external source (like a cd player).

I was talking about the internal/external selection in the output routing in the preferences - the other thing i think it could be is that he has settings in the input outing options that would grey the deck out, which is what i think your saying.

i had the same problem with all my decks once, what i did was overwrite the playlist.nml and playlist folder from my backup, that solved it.
    deephouse mix click here
    bangin' house mix click here
    VCI-100SE arcade button mod pictures here
    myspace/runehund
    doggydog.net

Tech Mentor

On that note if you're just starting out with Traktor, backup all those files that have your layouts etc. on them, as they get corrupted like every 4 months. I forget the actual names; I'd check but I'm at school right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbusta348 View Post
    Decks B, C, & D are working and display colored waveforms when a song is loaded into that deck. My problem is that in deck A when a song is loaded, a wave form is displayed, but it's grey. When i play songs through deck A, no sound comes out. Anyone know why?
    Your deck input mode has changed. You're likely routing an external input into that deck. I did this once when I was fiddling with my Midi settings. There's an input selector in there that will turn on your external input.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition