Soundcards.. once again
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Soundcards.. once again

Ok i'm looking for soundcard. I'm pretty sure i only need one input and then 4 outputs. One input from the computer and then 2 out for monitor 2 out for master.
    I'm going to use this with my Traktor and Ableton Live controlled by various midi controllers(still building my prefered setup). And i'd be rocking this in small parties as well as some of the major clubs in Amsterdam. So it needs to be good. But what is good? Is Audiofire 4 good enough fx?
    I've been searching some other threads but it seems to go a bit under and over my requirements. I'm looking for something that can do the job well.

Tell us the pricerange. I mean Major clubs in Amsterdam is gonna give some serious money, right?

Default Avoid

Whatever you do, do not buy the USB M-AUDIO FASTTRAK PRO!

After last night, I'm in the market for a new soundcard. I'm sick of it freezing!
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Haha.. no. i'm still no pro. But i am a resident dj at a party in a quite big club. But that dosen't mean a whole lot of money.
    Of course the price range is minimum, something like 200-300. Otherwise i could just go an buy one of the little bit more advanced and be pretty sure of quality. But i need it quite cheap. So, cheap and good? And then i'm not talking about Maya or something like that. No body familiar with the Audiofire 4?

The Audiofire 4 is a really solid piece of gear! No doubt...

I can also recomend the Focusrite Saffire LE. Really stable and fantastic sound. And you get some extra in/outputs that could come in handy later on.

I personally use the Audio Kontrol 1 from Native Instruments. I am really happy with it. Have never had any fall outs and love the bassy sound it produces

I hear you can get the M-Audio FW410 for a bit over 300 euros now since they brought out the FW610 now It does the trick for me for djing as well as producing. Had some problems with it in the beginning, but that was due to lack of drivers, but now that they have fixed that, its running as smooth as.

Ok i've never heard of that audio kontrol before. But now i just bought the KRK Rokit 5 for myself as a birthday present so i'll just have to let my Behringer BCD3000 do as a soundcard for a while. The sound is fine and i have never had any problem with that in a club. I've been thinking about switching the behringar out for a vci soon. But For now i'll have to do with this setup + my uc-33.
    Thanks for the help guys.

Not to sound as a wise guy, but if you use the build in soundcard in the BCD3000 to spin in big clubs, a soundcard upgrade should be your first priority, imo.

And congrats on the KRK's. They are the shit...

I'd go with a Presonus Firebox. The sound quality is terrific, the box is rugged as hell, it has Presonus mic pres, and it's loud as hell. I regularly use it and an M-Audio FireWire 410, and I would definitely pic the Presonus for live play any day. In terms of sound quality it's about the best (and loudest) you can get before spending beaucoup bucks for an RME Hammerfall or similar.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Presonus Firebox is very good for the price... However.. if price is not a real issue.. Id recommend the MOTU Ultralite. It sounds amazingly "transparent" and very loud, clear sound. Shame I sold mine to get the NI AUdio8DJ just for the timecode capability.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast