How many time may I instal 1 version of traktor?

Default How many time may I instal 1 version of traktor?

I have Traktor LE from my audio 4 purchase so I would be getting the upgrade. I have 2 computers I would like to install it on maybe more and sometimes I reinstall windows. I know I can buy the hard copy or just the upgrade and I think for the same price but anyone know how many times I can install it?

Quote Originally Posted by tomspace View Post
    I have Traktor LE from my audio 4 purchase so I would be getting the upgrade. I have 2 computers I would like to install it on maybe more and sometimes I reinstall windows. I know I can buy the hard copy or just the upgrade and I think for the same price but anyone know how many times I can install it?
    you can have it on only single one system at a time. its sweet dream to use your laptop with Traktor for giging and use your desktop at home for preparation or testing session, unfortunately AFAIK is not possible... my guess is that Service Center wont allow it. Although if you use Traktor on only single system you can reinstall it as many times as you want to (you will each time activate it in Service Center with your CDkey... it just doesnt work when you try to activate it on more systems at the same time)
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Legally you can have any NI product installed on 2 machines (Mac or pc or both) at one time as long as only one is in use at one time.

This is the exact ruling that the EULA allows.

But pretty much everyone agrees that the translation is you can have 2 installs and use both at the same time.

I have PRO installed on 2 Macs (one is a back up) and that is fine.

No more than 2 though.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Legally you can have any NI product installed on 2 machines (Mac or pc or both) at one time as long as only one is in use at one time.

K
    wow, really? thats good news
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Yeah mate 2 installs is cool.

K

thanks a lot for all the quick replies, my next question is if I uninstall it from my laptop to install it on my gf's laptop how will they know that I had uninstalled it already if my laptop isn't connected to the internet?

Also I just tried to oder the upgrade but it said that I needed to be registered before I make the purchase, so I have to install LE and register it before I can make my purchase?
    Last edited by tomspace; 01-15-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Dunno.