ableton/serato collabo biggest aniti climax of namm?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default ableton/serato collabo biggest aniti climax of namm?

not all that compelling and DEFINITELY not worth the extra long wait!

fanboys rejoice!

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2010/0...s-full-details

no need for me to switch to the serato camp yet!

better luck next year...
    Last edited by josh@firestorm; 01-15-2010 at 12:25 AM. Reason: no edit - just ignore the misspelt title!

Tech Guru

I'm actually really excited about it. I'll make up my mind once I've actually used serableton...
    Last edited by oliosky; 01-15-2010 at 12:46 AM.

still looking for more detailed info on its use, looks kinda cool but there isnt a whole lot of info about just how deep the integration goes just yet. Look forward to finding out though !

Tech Mentor

I don't use Serato so can't really comment but when I saw this was there hyped up thing I was pretty disappointed.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Im totally underwhelmed.

I know this may seem heresy to most but im just not seeing it.

If your a good scratch DJ then this is cool. Scratch DJs could get really inventive with this but Ableton DJs who cant actually DJ with turntables are left out , theres nothing for them here.

It seems that most people are being swept up in the whole thing about 2 companies working together rather than getting fired up about what is actually being made.

Its as though the Means are more important than the Ends.

Im not an Ableton user so maybe im missing it.
    I like Serato but i still dont see that many DJs actually using this and doing it well.
    There are more shit Ableton DJs out there than good ones. Im sorry but Serato makes you actually DJ a certain way. Theres no option but to learn to DJ manually. Ableton (just as valid so dont get me wrong) allows you to be a button pusher. How many Ableton users are gonna be influenced by this that much to learn how to DJ with decks. Not many

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Im totally underwhelmed.

I know this may seem heresy to most but im just not seeing it.

If your a good scratch DJ then this is cool. Scratch DJs could get really inventive with this but Ableton DJs who cant actually DJ with turntables are left out , theres nothing for them here.

It seems that most people are being swept up in the whole thing about 2 companies working together rather than getting fired up about what is actually being made.

Its as though the Means are more important than the Ends.

Im not an Ableton user so maybe im missing it.
    I like Serato but i still dont see that many DJs actually using this and doing it well.
    There are more shit Ableton DJs out there than good ones. Im sorry but Serato makes you actually DJ a certain way. Theres no option but to learn to DJ manually. Ableton (just as valid so dont get me wrong) allows you to be a button pusher. How many Ableton users are gonna be influenced by this that much to learn how to DJ with decks. Not many
    i think you're assuming too much. Its like heres the tools, show me what you've got.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Maybe i am. Of course assumption is all weve got cus its not out yet.
    My assumptions are based on my experience though.

I know quite a few Ableton DJs that have zero inclination to learn how to DJ in the traditional way. This Bridge has nothing to offer them. Thats not an assumption its just the way it is.

I know a few Serato DJs who are stuck in the traditional way of doing things. They wont look twice at this.

I know that some DJs will embrace this and run with it but im guessing that the majority wont.

Iam not saying that it isnt an exciting option for 'some'. There will be some amazing things done with it but i think it will by the already very skilled Scratch DJs.
    A DJ that has no Scratch ability will not make the most of this.

Lets not forget that this is about Serato. Its a scratch DJ program. If your just gonna trigger clips with a controller etc then you may as well be using Ableton.

Tech Mentor

I don't know what to think.. it seems like the host didn't know it 100% for himself.

As iv stated before it is boring... Same ol stuff different packaging... if u get me..

In my opinion i know a lot of people who use serato and they have no intrest in going anym0re advanced they use serato for its simplicity and the so thing of 'no sync' buttons. All Serato is doing is playing catch up. Granted it is only called a 'bridge' so what did we expect??

However i love the allen and heath controller yum my kinda thing but still its nothing new

And people calling this a Traktor killa please do some research what can serato do right now that traktor cannot in anyway do and remember traktor can be syncd to ableton.. And im not trying to be smart but please tell me the advantage of serato over ableton and whers the 4 in 4 out sl?? if im seeing things right four deck use is useless atm for people who want to use 4 cdj1000/technics and a djm800 or ur own choosen mixer..

at least in my neck of the woods, serato is not just for the scratch djs...for good or bad it is seen by many as the "standard" of dvs programs. not trying to say anything other then serato shouldn't be pigeon-holed as for scratchdjs.

I'm not sure why people are so let down by this first glimpse at the collab. sure it might not be exactly what we have been looking for but why the major disappointment? my personal opinion is that this is much more exciting then the recent max for live addition, which is expensive and for the most part pretty disappointing in its overall effect on how people use ableton live. I mean in theroy M4L kicks major butt....

frankly people seem more excited about that video showing the maschine being used as a basic midi pad control in traktor pro.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast