VCI-100SE Traktor 3 overlay on Traktor Pro?

Default VCI-100SE Traktor 3 overlay on Traktor Pro?

Hi, I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I couldn't find it in the threads, so I will ask it here. I am excited about the SE firmware upgrade and overlays - it seems to correct all of the issues with Traktor in a very nice package. Before clicking the "buy" button, however, I would like to ensure that the Traktor 3 overlay and SE firmware adapter will work with my system. In particular, I'm using Traktor Pro 1.1 - will the Traktor 3 overlay and TSI files work with Traktor Pro? If so, great, I'll buy it today. If not, any thoughts on when a suitable Traktor Pro overlay will be released? Thanks for your help here! For what it's worth, you may want to make it crystal clear on the overlay page that it works with Traktor Pro if that is indeed the case, as I fear other novice DJs like myself may be wondering the same thing.

Thanks
    DJ Sojourn

Hi DJ Sojourn, welcome to the forum.

If an overlay says Traktor 3, its for Traktor 3. Click on the "Mappings" button on the header of this page and scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see the Traktor 3 overlay, TKS file and necessary information.

Traktor Pro uses the other overlays (the 2_5 and Arcade are currently sold out, they are the same except the arcade has larger holes at the bottom for the Arcade edition VCI-100). These overlays are designed for the latest version of Traktor (which is currently 1.2.3) and VCI-100 firmware 1.3 (a custom firmware exclusive to DJTT, that can be purchased in the store). If your VCI-100 is firmware 1.1 or 1.2, the overlay will of course fit and MOST of the functions of the DJTT overlay will work, but not everything. Have a look around the forum for firmware version information and you will quickly see the upgrade is well worth the little aggravation. (SE is firmware 1.3).

As for the overlays being out of stock, be patient (like the rest of us) and the all new overlay for the new 3_0 mapping will be out before the end of the month.

And if you are into moding, the DIY Arcade conversion is just too cool to pass by.

Welcome again to the forum, read the FAQ, be patient for the new overlays and rock it out!

Cheers, Phil.