Every Dj Needs a Website!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Every Dj Needs a Website!

Hey guys, so besides business cards, flyers and other promotion material that will get your name out to the masses! You will also need a website!

Here is an example of my site, clean and simple nothing too complex!

www.rhymelab.com

You can get your own templates, at http://activeden.net !

Enjoy, and let me know what u think! Comments and questions are welcome!

SS
    2x Technics M5G :: Traktor 3.4/PRO2 :: Vestax VCI-100
    M-Audio Ultra :: Macbook Pro 13" 2010

Hey man!

Nice site. Personally i'm not that into flash sites but yours looks snazzy. Obviously flash sites look cool, transitions etc but i just prefer dynamic html sites like you can do with wordpress. They work in every browser including iphones etc. and you can have direct links to each page

I also like your logo etc. looks very pro

I did mine in wordpress and got my template through http://themeforest.net/ who are connected with activeden.

No doubt your site looks better than mine so not trying to compete. just putting it out there for the debate on flash vs html

I agree though... every dj needs a website!

Congrats
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I agree with you on html over flash! But I just can't stream away from Flash! Its something about having a flash site that just tickels the left nut! lol

With this site updating it is easy, all I have to do is log in on top, and post, edit or del any content that I have on the site! So just like any wordpress website very easy to maintain!

thanx for the feedback! link me to your site!

SS

Tech Wizard

The current web trends, after adobe teamed up with google, are allowing flash to become much more streamlined for database searching purposes, thus you can have the same web presence on flash or CSS style pages - however I do admit that typically people over develop their use of flash and make it too "flashy," however people were initially scared away from flash due to reasons that have now almost been fixed.

Nice site.

I'm in the process of having someone design my site right now.

I think it's worth mentioning that for the mobile DJ's, it's probably best if they don't do it in flash, since it's harder to increase search engine optimization with flash. I guess it depends where they get their business from, and whether they're depending on people finding them through internet searches. The other thing is that I really wanted to make sure everyone could see it...Not just those with current computers running flash.

Well actually, todays flash codes and current flash inovations make it very easy to get listed on google or any search engine! You just need to know what your doin I guess!

And about people having flash installed, hmmm I'm pritty sure that every single computer which has internet access has installed flash on it at some point!

thanx for the comments!

SS

Tech Mentor

But please don't play music WITHOUT asking the user if he wants so. This makes me put your website on the blacklist. I don't even have a look at these kind of websites, it is so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Solo View Post
    Well actually, todays flash codes and current flash inovations make it very easy to get listed on google or any search engine! You just need to know what your doin I guess!

And about people having flash installed, hmmm I'm pritty sure that every single computer which has internet access has installed flash on it at some point!

thanx for the comments!

SS
    That's news to me!

So is flash just as good, or almost as good as HTML when it comes to SEO?

I can barely afford an HTML website, so I a flash website is pretty much out of the question for me anyway, but I'm still curious.

Quote Originally Posted by dacuba View Post
    But please don't play music WITHOUT asking the user if he wants so. This makes me put your website on the blacklist. I don't even have a look at these kind of websites, it is so annoying.
    I can't think of a single website where they asked the user if they wanted to hear music.

Any website i've seen for DJ's, whether mobile, or club DJ, always has music playing when you logon. Same with photographers.

I find it a little bizarre that someone on a forum such as this would say they want the option to hear music or not when they go to another DJ's website.

I feel like music is the second most important factor in a DJ's website, the first most important factor being the look of course.
    Last edited by tokenasianguy; 01-15-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    That's news to me!

So is flash just as good, or almost as good as HTML when it comes to SEO?

I can barely afford an HTML website, so I a flash website is pretty much out of the question for me anyway, but I'm still curious.
    Yeah, I was referring to this in my above statement. Adobe & Google really started working together to make flash more indexable in SEO, all text is now rendered ( if your programmer knows what hes doing ) into searchable content. Really the whole issue about people fearing flash is alittle over exaggerated now, also there were always ways around the difficulties created by flash, you can index your page with HTML content behind the flash content which will never be seen by anyone but search bots, this helps to index your page as long as the words provided are also in your website. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea, flash can be just as SEO friendly as HTML/CSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast