Moving to Windows 7 - Backing up Traktor
    Tech Convert

Default Moving to Windows 7 - Backing up Traktor

Hey everyone,

I'm moving to windows 7 shortly and would like some info on backing up all songs and their traktor data (cue points etc.). Most likely my filepath to my music will be different on the new install than it is on my current install (vista). What steps do i have to take to insure that i don't lose anything?

not 100% sure on this but i think you just save the folder that all your music is in (which will also contain the info files for traktor which stores cue points etc) to external hdd or whatever and once you load them back onto your new system point traktor towards the new folder destination and it should do the rest.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Back Up your Native Instruments Folder and all externally held tsi .

When you re-install Traktor copy and paste the Back up Settings Folder and the Collection.nml into the new Traktor folder (replacing the ones there).

Then import your music folder and the back up collection.

If the Paths are different you will have to do a relocate on all the tracks.
    But if you reastablish the default Music Folder as it was before and the hard drive hasnt been renamed (take not of its current name and use it if possible) the collection may be intact.

K

Tech Mentor

Are you doing a format then installing win 7? because if you're not, it'll just install on top of vista and leave everything else intact. Worked for me. Although I did back everything up first.

Tech Convert

I was planning on doing a full install not an update. I've heard that doing an update from vista can be hit or miss. I'd like to avoid any issues.

I wouldnt do an update, a clean install is MUCH better as it will run alot smoother and as you said avoid unwanted issues
    17" dual core laptop
    Numark Stealth
    Audio 2 Dj