And on to my next problem. :)
    Tech Guru

Default And on to my next problem. :)

You're all gonna hate me, if you dont already. This is another problem I covered in another post but again Ive made a video this time to demonstrate the problem Im having. The pitch jumps wildly all over the place when hitting play or cue.

Like I say in the video, Im sure there's a reason behind it but I cant see for the life of me why it would be of any benefit to anyone.

If anyone knows why that'd be great

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZW9HQvDaeA

first thought is, are you sure you haven't accidentally mapped pitch or tempo control to the cue & play buttons?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

if it's your only deck playing, deactivate sync for deck A and try again..

traktor will make the first deck playing to master, if you want to sync the first deck traktor cannot sync it, cause there's nothing to sync with..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    first thought is, are you sure you haven't accidentally mapped pitch or tempo control to the cue & play buttons?
    Nope, tempo and pitch arent in my list. Only play/pause, hot cues and loop functions

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    if it's your only deck playing, deactivate sync for deck A and try again..

traktor will make the first deck playing to master, if you want to sync the first deck traktor cannot sync it, cause there's nothing to sync with..
    I see, fair enough. But why does it jump to a random pitch every time the button is pushed and not one of the other deck tempos? And why does it jump to a pitch range that isnt even close to any of the tempos of any of the tracks? Kind of a bummer really. What if mid set I stop all the tracks and do some cue juggling but want to hit play on 2 decks simultaneously so want to keep the decks sinc'd? Obviously I can't do that cos the pitch is going to be all out of whack!?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I thought we figured this one out.

Most likely your clock set up is on Internal and when you sync you're sync-ing to the master clock, not to another deck. What happens when you hit play is the clock doesn't read the deck tempo, it reads the beat markets, and as time goes on it finds the right tempo (within 20 seconds).

If you deactivate Sync this should stop. If you change your clock mode to Manual or Automatic this should stop.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall