Track quality :(
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Track quality :(

So when I cant find a song on a torrent site or anywhere else I just youtube it and I would use http://www.video2mp3.net/ to convert it to mp3. Now I notice that the songs that I had converted are less than half the quality than regular tracks. Will this effect how it sounds in the clubs at all?

Tech Mentor

yes. i never play anything under 320 in a club environment.

if it doesn't sound good at home, it will sound worse in the club.

shit, i have such a hard time finding the tracks I like online. Youtube has everything, what do you guys use mainly?

Tech Mentor

well i actually think that 192 is also possible, because this is vbr or something i really don't know anything about it, but youtube converted music files are an absolute no go!

Pay for your music........
    17" dual core laptop
    Numark Stealth
    Audio 2 Dj

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

VBR makes lower bitrates possible, but yeah, always easiest to buy it.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

i pick up most of my tracks from itunes, some from beatport a few from amazon.
    but now and then i just cannot for the life of me find a track anywhere online. then i drop back to torrents. but this happens rarely and as soon as i get a chance i pick up the track on a cd or whatever. i do also rip cd's i buy (only if they are marked down a fair bit an mostly to complete my collection with top 40 stuff) or from friends (cause its legit in europe), though i make it a case to own at least one or two cd's (digital or physical) of my favorite artists.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Well, ripping CD´s from Friends is only tolerated in Austria and Switzerland. For example, in Germany i may rip a friends cd, but only for private purpose and not for playing it to a crowd.

There are several more differences between the european states. Just sayin´
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Youtube is a great way to check out new tunes, but the qualities are really low, mostly around the 96kb mark, totally shit. just buy your tracks mate, the universe will love you for it
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Yeah I would never consider playing a track ripped from you tube out - if you can here the difference on a small system it will be much more obvious in the club (provided its sound system is done right)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast