Pitch Fader Jumps???
    Tech Wizard

Default Pitch Fader Jumps???

Hi,

I use the VCI100SE with Traktor Scratch pro 1.2.3, and the mappings provided on this website, I'm pretty happy with everything.

One thing i have found which is really frustrating though, is when I move the pitch fader on the vci the pitch jumps up tempo, from say 128 bpm to 145 bpm!

I don't synch everything, and sometimes want to manually beat match the music although find this jump in the pitch so frustrating as have to reset the pitch using the mouse then use the pitch fader.

any suggestions on whats causing this?

btw, it has been like this for ages, not just with the recent updates.

Cheers

Dave

This is a side effect of using sync. When you click the sync button the pitch is set automatically by Traktor.

Now your pitch fader in your VCI does not match the pitch in Traktor, so when you move it, the pitch suddenly jumps to its value.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

okay - but what about when you don't use Sync? it's still a pretty big gap between BPM's when using the fader.

how do you get the fader to act in the same way it would on a CDJ1000 or something like that.
    Enver 'RedEyz' Pletilic

Managing Director / Label Manager

Tech Wizard

yeah i tested it last night without using synch and it still jumped from 128 bpm to 154 bpm (approx) so had to lower the pitch using the mouse on com puter then pitch adjust using the pitch fader,not disaterous just a little annoying.

Tech Wizard

Have you tried changeing the pitch fader interaction modes to "relative" instead of "absolute"?

@redeyz... because the sliders send a single midi message, it means they only send 128 values along the pitch range of your fader. So that is only 128 values from say -8% go +8% of the initial bpm of the track. That accounts for the jumps in the pitch.

I have mapped two buttons per deck as 'pitch nudge' buttons.

In Traktor, use the 'tempo' midi function, set to 'Inc' and 'Dec' with the resolution set to 'Min'. This will allow you to adjust pitch by +-0.03 bpm at 120bpm, more for faster tracks.

@Davelazy... make sure you wiggle the pitch faders when opening Traktor so the software catches up with the fader position. Make sure you also have 'reset all deck controls on loading track' UNCHECKED in preferences. The controls I have for the faders themselves are: Tempo / Fader/Knob / Direct.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 01-23-2010 at 10:39 AM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud