Seeking Position in Traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default Seeking Position in Traktor

Hi!

I am currently re-mapping my Xone 1D and am having some trouble with the seek position feature (scrolling through the track). I have mapped this feature to the main jog wheel using a modifier 1 with value one. The seeking works fine but when i let go of the modifier button the track jumps back to the begining and i want the track to stay in that position after i have scrolled through it. The modifier button is set to "hold" and "button".

Thanks for your help!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

That's your jog wheel type you have selected.. I can't remember the options, but there should be two. Try the other one.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Thanks DvlsAdvct...for some reason it works when i select rotary knob instead of jogwheel (although it is a jog wheel). But works fine now with the rotary selected!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I remember I had that same problem a while ago and PhilL explained it on the Traktor forums. Can't remember for the life of me what the reason was but I know it made sense.

Regardless, happy to be of service.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

hi Guys, i am brand new here.

i just purchased a VCI100 arcade model and i am waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime i borrowed a standard vci100 from a friend of mine who owns it and i am having a lot of fun.

one of the features that i implemented and that i like is that the jo wheel, when 'vynil mode' is off, works as a seeking device and it allows me to scan very quickly through the track and jum to sections very easily.

now, i have seen on tutorials from Ean on youtube that on their mappings, when 'vynil mode' is off, the jog works as a CDJ. THat can be fine to me. However, i reckon that the seekin function is brilliant.

How can i map it so that when i press SHIFT + move the jog wheel it seeks throught the track very quickly??

Hope you got my question,

THanks.

Paolo G