Midi-fighter expansion question...

Default Midi-fighter expansion question...

the current expansion ports have been described pretty well, and I know you guys are busy writing some tutorials regarding adding features to the MF...

Is there any plan to release some type of expansion board that would open up the number of controls that can be added? I know it's been discussed that it is a possibility if you have some programming chops...just wondering if it's something you guys plan to release officially...

thx
    !
    Vista | Traktor Pro 2 | VCI-400 EGE | VCI-100 Arcade | MF Pro Beat Masher | MidiFighter Classic (pics)
    Soundcloud

You mean like upgrade kits? That's a great idea.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

This is highly probably however I wont have the time to dedicate to any new design work for a couple of months so it wont be real soon.

Feel free to shoot any ideas about what functions you guys would like from a upgrade board (or family of upgrade boards)

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    You mean like upgrade kits? That's a great idea.
    exactly what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    This is highly probably however I wont have the time to dedicate to any new design work for a couple of months so it wont be real soon.

Feel free to shoot any ideas about what functions you guys would like from a upgrade board (or family of upgrade boards)
    i appreciate the heads up about the time frame. I'm at the spot where I want to add some things and further customize, and I didn't want start barreling down a certain course only to have you guys release something much better two weeks later.

ideally, i would like to add some bank buttons, a joystick and a touchpad. but in the other thread you said a touchpad needs too many of the available pins for this...which is why i wondered about the expansion board.

i'll sit tight to see what tutorials you guys put together and then figure out what to do next...
    !
    Vista | Traktor Pro 2 | VCI-400 EGE | VCI-100 Arcade | MF Pro Beat Masher | MidiFighter Classic (pics)
    Soundcloud

upgrade kits are a great idea... I could see something like what the machinecollective.org cats are doing with their arduinome enclosures and modules...