KP3 to control Tracktor deck volumes

Default KP3 to control Tracktor deck volumes

Im trying to use my kp3 as a 2 way touch pad crossfader for mixing up to four tracks. I got it to work kinda. when the x-y intercept is pressed all decks are at 50% volume because they are working linearly like volume faders. Is there anyway to curve it like a crossfader and have all decks at or near 100% volume at the x-y intercept? I think I described that right. Attached is my .tks file saved as a .doc.

I think you would have to do some midi translations with some basic maths rules to do that.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have to figure out the math. With four tracks there is 24 diffrent combinations of fading. Representing that on a touch pad is hard but i have some ideas. It is real fun beat juggling 4 tracks with a touch pad.

FL studio actually has a really interesting built in 4 channel XY pad crossfader, it uses its own inbuilt fairly powerful midi engine. You could take a look at that for some inspiration

That little bit of info really helped out. I have a second problem that I didn’t know a possible solution until I did the research on the fls touchpad layout. I had programmed it so each corner would play a deck independently (it didn’t work) however in order to make it work each axis needs 2 cc's. The KP3 only has 1 per axis. With MIDI translations is there any way to emulate a second cc for each axis?
    Last edited by Jennerator; 09-22-2008 at 02:15 PM.

I read the kp3 manual and used the kp3 editor and i think im all set now on the midi programing. Now Tractor wont respond to my kp3 after a few seconds of using my touch pad. If i go into MIDI devices and toggle the active check box it works again. Its kinda like what happens if you start spinning the wheels to fast on the vci-100.