Lost My bpm info when upgrading traktor pro
    Tech Wizard

Default Lost My bpm info when upgrading traktor pro

How can I get my bpm info to show in my itunes folder when I search it in the browser tree in traktor? i use an ipod 60gb and and all that bpm info is lost due to the traktor pro upgrade. itunes suck. I'm thinking of converting all my itunes to mp3 and the hell with itunes. Brain's fried:eek: I've search the forum, any tutorials? Plz Help!!!!!!!!11

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Updating the information in Traktor won't update iTunes because Traktor uses a more recent id3 version. Updating iTunes will update Traktor, though.

What file types are you using? All AAC?

The TPro upgrade shouldn't have wiped out the data, either, because it would just read the file tags, which means the data was probably never written to the file tags and you should reload the last backup of the collection.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the quick reply! I am using itunes and the majority of my files are AAC. I use my ipod as a drive and I use a seagate 250gb consolidated to my laptop. I'm confused tho..........When I analyze a track,traktor won't write that info on the id3 tag? All my songs in the preparation folder have the bpm info. I'm not computer savvy yet,I've got a lot to learn.So, how can I load the bpm info from a bpm analyzer like mixmeister and show that info in my itunes? It would probably be a good idea to start over and input the right bpm info on all my file tags. Can't find a ddtt tutorial to help me,can you send me a link to one? also I was reluctant to updating my itunes because my traktor program was working well.Guess I'll start over. Any info will help!

Thanks!
    Last edited by me dj; 01-23-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Traktor Pro only writes to the tag when you unload it from a deck. So you have to load the track and then remove it, either by loading another track over it or unloading the deck.

When Traktor Analyzes a song it overwrites the BPM information on its own, based on its own analysis. You can set in the Preferences for it not to write that to the tags and instead run a Consistency check and it should reset the tag information.

If you have the information written in mixmeister or Mixed in Key it will write it to the BPM field in iTunes, but that won't change the BPM field in Traktor. Changes made in iTunes won't change Traktor due to iTunes being behind the bend in the versions of id3 tags.

Those warez (like MIK) should give you an option to write the BPM to the BPM tag of the track. I've never used Mixmeister so I don't know how it works. There is no DJTT tutorial on managing iTunes and tags beyond the more advanced stuff.

I would, though, warn against using your iPod as a drive, and I manage all my own mp3s manually. It's a pain to get started, but once you do you just keep up with it and you're golden. And I use mp3s. People disagree on this but it's just easier than AAC, and I've always thought AAC sounded worse, though people will disagree with me on that.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Thanks Dude I'm workin on my files this weekend.I'll let you know how it all turns out1

Peace!.........me dj

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I agree with DvlsAdvct, i dont know it is but i just dont like or trust aac files.
    Its probably totally irrational but i just make MP3s out of all my aac files.
    I guess its left-over behaviour from the DRM days of iTunes.

K

Tech Wizard

A dj buddy warned me about the aac files and told me one day i'll wake up and make the
    change. well that day has arrived. any one know a program called "Total Audio Converter" by a company called www.coolutils.com/MP3Converter ???????

Peace!..............me dj
    Last edited by me dj; 01-23-2010 at 01:58 AM.