TORQ or SSL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TORQ or SSL

Tech Convert

Default TORQ or SSL

Hey guys, Im deciding between software, and would like to know the pros and cons of each and which you think i should go with. Torq is more in my price range BTW. Thanks

Tech Wizard

dont take this the wrong way, but these are two completely different systems.

go read up on the torq-dj and then scratch live forums then come back and ask specifics.

Tech Wizard

ive ben watching torq forums now for a while and even with the paid update it seems people on there are still psst off witht he system.

if you want auto sync go with traktor if not go for ssl.

Quote Originally Posted by FlipFX View Post
    Hey guys, Im deciding between software, and would like to know the pros and cons of each and which you think i should go with. Torq is more in my price range BTW. Thanks
    I used to used Torq and knew the update was coming, but even after it arrived not much changed. I found it slow, awkward and glitchy. Things are much simpler and far more customisable with other programs. I wouldn't go back to Torq again.

Don't rule out Mixvibes Pro, or Mixvibes Cross...

Tech Wizard

As said above..I think the big two DVS systems are Serato and next in line is Traktor Scratch...I would seriously give traktor scratch a good thought.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysian View Post
    As said above..I think the big two DVS systems are Serato and next in line is Traktor Scratch...I would seriously give traktor scratch a good thought.
    Well actually if Natives instruments claim that they have gotten rid of sticker slipping are true (which to my best knowledge Serato still has hasnt) - id say Traktor is the better of the two DVS systems - this is taking it from a purely digital vinyl perspective without factoring in any other features within the program. Thats not to say Serato sucks either, the competition is pretty tight.

One problem though is the keylocking system isnt working right at the moment and the fix is due in the 1.3 update.

Tech Wizard

Good point..I would definitely say Serato has also got an insane marketing team....Its everywhere..Atleast in North America

Quote Originally Posted by andyfoz View Post
    if you want auto sync go with traktor if not go for ssl.
    That's the only reason to go with Traktor? lol so lame....

Tech Guru

I used to have SSL, sold it for Traktor Scratch and was a good move.
    Traktor Scratch system: 4 stereo outs / SSL has 2. SSL has only 2 decks, TPro 4.
    Traktor has FX , SSL none..Traktor customizable/ SSL not. Traktor Audio 8 can be ASIO on Mac or PC. ..man the list goes on. SSL is good for simple hip hop setups who like to scratch..and that is Serato's main thing..Traktor Pro 1.03 should be killer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast