Dj headphones bang for a buck
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Dj headphones bang for a buck

what's the best dj headphones for the money? i've been looking into Pioneer HDJ 2000 and Allen&Heat Xone XD53 but they are kinda expensive, so here is my question. SHould i buy some cheaper headphones that are good or just save up fore pioneers or A&H?

Tech Wizard

A&H XD-53s are $150 from ultimate squared ;p

SennHD25s are arguably the best bang for buck by far, though.

Tech Guru

Default technics rp-dh1200

technics rp-dh1200 are great and got them for 90$ on amazon.com (average price is 200$) if you call up guitar center and do price-match guarantee you can get them for cheaper

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    SennHD25s are arguably the best bang for buck by far, though.
    I'll 2nd that suggestion, I've had my hair of HD-25's for years, and they have been the best I've ever used, hands down.

A few reasons:

1. User replaceable parts. No need to junk them if one part goes faulty.
    2. Minimal, extremely rugged design. Not much room for defects on these
    3. Doesn't have an excessively long coiled cord (i.e: Sony MDR-V6)
    4. Superior (yes, I put that word in bold) sound isolation. Better isolation means lower volumes to hear what you need to hear
    5. Extremely light weight, they feel like nothing is on your head when you are using them. Does not give the same fatigue you get with heavier, more bulky DJ headphones
    6. Banging sound quality, excellent low frequency response

Try a pair out at a nearby store. You'll see what we mean

Tech Wizard

yeah i tried a pair of hd-25 at my friend but what hd-25 to get? there's like 3 different models could you give me the exact right model?

Tech Guru

There really isn't a performance differences between any of the variant models. I think the latest MKII simply implements a 24k gold connector for the headphones, which is cool for preventing corrosion, but doesn't in any way improve sound quality.

Tech Guru

Hd-25's all the way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurbitur View Post
    yeah i tried a pair of hd-25 at my friend but what hd-25 to get? there's like 3 different models could you give me the exact right model?
    There is the HD-25p, avoid them as the ears spin round and the cable gets all tangled. There's the HD-25 Mk1 which is what I got, they are awesome. And then there's the HD-25 Mk2, which look exactly the same as the Mk1 but they have the gold connectors and apparently they have improved drivers in the earphones. To be honest I got mine a good, hmmmm, flipping hell, about 8 years ago, shit times flies, and they are good as new, look fresh out the box. I got mine for £99, about $140. Well worth the money! Tough as hell, nice full sound, comfortable for DJing, only gripe is they are quite tight when just listening to music, like on your ipod, for long periods of time. But for DJing I havent come across any headphones that rival them!
    Last edited by dodge; 01-24-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    There is the HD-25p, avoid them as the ears spin round and the cable gets all tangled.
    Oh THATS what he was talking about. Nah, dont like the SP series ones, I remember ages ago almost buying those online mistaking them for the actual HD-25 MK1, lord that would have sucked.

Any suggestions for mid-range headphones? What about these:

http://www.amazon.com/Behrhinger-Hig...4387164&sr=8-1

Tech Wizard

Any more opinions? what about hdj-1000 or rp-dh1200 ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast