My New Setup (let me know what u think)
    Tech Convert

Default My New Setup (let me know what u think)

My new equipment I have coming in includes:

Denon DN-X500
    2x Technics SL1200 MKII
    Korg Kaossilator
    Audio8 DJ
    Traktor Scratch/3.3
    Sony Vaio laptop

Then im most likely going to get a VCI-100 to use as a midi-controller for the whole set up.

Any suggestions? let me know what you guys think. thanks

Hmmm.. If I was to buy a VCI-100 next to that goodness, I would use the VCI as an fx MIDI controller similar to the Pioneer FX.

I would opt for a different kind of MIDI Controller, as that a VCI and 2 TTs with mixer almost do the same.
    I would probably go for a Xone:1D, a Faderfox or my trusty BCR2000.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Honestly, I agree with Tekki. With that gear I'd say you wouldn't need the VCI. I'd say get something that fits more for an FX controller (more buttons and faders, no jogs/x-fader). Maybe a pad controller (PadKontrol, Trigger Finger, MD-32, etc.) or just a straight keyboard. :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

thanks guys, yeah a VCI was a little more than i wanted to spend, and so is that xone d1, but i was thinking this NOVATION REMOTE SL25 that someone had on ebay here for $200 or an akai mpd-32? how would either of those work with traktor? Im reallllly considering the MPD-32 with the foot switches and pedal and the 72 assignable controllers.

Best advice I can give you, try some at your local reseller.

Determine if they have the functionality you need/want or that matches your way of conducting a DJ set. And after that go home and take some time to think it over.

This is one of the ways how I ended up with the BCR2000. (Though I started off wanting an m-Audio X Session Pro)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

it works like any other controller. There's actually a review of the Trigger Finger/PadKontrol/MPD-32 on this site in the articles section (I'm lazy and don't want to find the link) and it gives a pretty good run down on how things work.

They all work well, it just comes down to what you can do with them
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

OOooooo check out these new things. http://www.djdeals.com/korgNANOPAD.htm one of those controllers for only $50, its gonna be hard to beat. but i am taking a trip to guitar center on friday so i shall see what works.

Tech Wizard

If i were you, id just add the new Stanton SCS D3 midi controller. That thing is pretty crazy! Check it out

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by FlipFX View Post
    thanks guys, yeah a VCI was a little more than i wanted to spend, and so is that xone d1, but i was thinking this NOVATION REMOTE SL25 that someone had on ebay here for $200 or an akai mpd-32? how would either of those work with traktor? Im reallllly considering the MPD-32 with the foot switches and pedal and the 72 assignable controllers.

The Remote SL would probably work pretty well for you. Check out how Ean sets his gear up at a club. When he's not using his VCI he hooks up his Remote SL to control Traktor. If it's good enough for him, I'm sure it will meet the needs of us mere mortals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeevazoXGMg