Ms. Pinky + Max for Live = Scratch Anything in Ableton
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ms. Pinky + Max for Live = Scratch Anything in Ableton

hmmmmm

watch out THE BRIDGE looks like Ms.Pinky has it...

http://vimeo.com/8904168
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Tech Guru

that is straight up awesomeness
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Very Impressive.

And to think that was all done without any hullabaloo or grandiose launch announcements.
    *sorry couldnt resist*

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Very Impressive.

And to think that was all done without any hullabaloo or grandiose launch announcements.
    *sorry couldnt resist*
    Well Max For Live did get its grandiose hullabaloo, well maybe slightly more low key, but it certainly delivers. Then again the licensing policy is a bit weird. I understand that the runtime can cost something (the free runtime for max 5.1 was awesome though and still quite useful for a lot of nifty stuff .. like nonome for my novation launchpad), but requiring everyone to buy the full thing to use max for live is hopefully just an intermediate step until they feel like they have worked out all the kinks (maxforlive app store?) and are ready to really let the masses loose on this baby.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Guru

Whats being used to control the scratching? Time code?

Mudo

Ms. Pinky DVS.

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    Well Max For Live did get its grandiose hullabaloo, well maybe slightly more low key, but it certainly delivers. Then again the licensing policy is a bit weird. I understand that the runtime can cost something (the free runtime for max 5.1 was awesome though and still quite useful for a lot of nifty stuff .. like nonome for my novation launchpad), but requiring everyone to buy the full thing to use max for live is hopefully just an intermediate step until they feel like they have worked out all the kinks (maxforlive app store?) and are ready to really let the masses loose on this baby.
    I agree. they are limiting their user base.

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    but requiring everyone to buy the full thing to use max for live is hopefully just an intermediate step until they feel like they have worked out all the kinks (maxforlive app store?) and are ready to really let the masses loose on this baby.
    That would be really cool, being able to buy apps that work without the need for also owning M4L. Then user could create their own setups and sell them though the m4l store, that way you could still use peoples M4L created setups without the need for forking out big $ for the full version of M4L. That really would make a lot of sense in my eyes, i cant wait for this M4L thing to really take off - the possibilities are mind boggling, all its going to take is enough man power in the M4L community to get the ball rolling.

Mudo

Making an online store like itunes with rank for donwload (and paying developers) and free runtime will be good for all.

Maybe Ableton read this forums... mail it is quite clear that not.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast