NI Audio 2 vs. NI Audio 4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NI Audio 2 vs. NI Audio 4

Sup fellas,

I needed to find out which one is better. I'm not using TTanything, so, from what I read, the NI Audio 2 is good.

I have a Maya 44 which I am using right now and it does a great job, so why would this item be better to get?

Thanks again!

Dc
    Traktor Pro and TP2, Audio2, Nano Kontrol (black), X1

The audio4 has two stereo inputs, which means you can get stuff into your computer. The audio2 only has stereo outputs, however it is cheap, portable, simple and LOUD. Although if your present soundcard is good, use that?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    The audio4 has two stereo inputs, which means you can get stuff into your computer. The audio2 only has stereo outputs, however it is cheap, portable, simple and LOUD. Although if your present soundcard is good, use that?
    If I'm using a midi controller, why would I need to get stuff into my computer?

For the Audio 2, if it has 2 outputs, where would I connect my headphones to? Would I use one of the outputs?

You wouldn't. With the audio2, the 2 outputs are 1/4 inch jacks, so you'd plug your headphones directly into 1 of them.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    You wouldn't. With the audio2, the 2 outputs are 1/4 inch jacks, so you'd plug your headphones directly into 1 of them.
    Hmmm, interesting. well, the audio 4 has dropped in price, but that is an idea.

are you have a particular issue with your maya card?

The Maya 44 works great. The only thing I was looking for was not to have to deal w the mixer for headphones support, only for my sound out.

The set up which I am looking for is to be the following:
    1. laptop (mac or pc, which I have a pc at the moment);
    2. midi controller(s);
    3. sound card to play out the sounds to the mixer;
    4. headphone controller w/o connecting to the mixer (audio 2 or 4).

If I can be as far away from the mixer set up w everything else that would be great. I wouldnt interfere w anyone else while playing...

If you are going for external mixing, then you will need 4 mono outputs (2 stereo) at least. That gives you 2 deck control. Examples: audio2dj (2x stereo out), audio4dj (4x mono out)
    If you want 4 deck control (external mixer with 4 channels) then you want a sound card with at least 8 mono (=4 stereo) outputs. Examples: audio8dj (8x mono out)

Why to get audio4dj instead of audio2dj? It has 4 mono inputs (=2 stereo inputs). These can be used to connect turntables or cd players. Even if they are not in your set up right now, you might want to consider it. Also, recording your set will be more difficult with the A2D because it has no inputs. You can route from your mixer to the audio 4DJ inputs and then record from there.
    You pay, so you decide

Quote Originally Posted by darwynism View Post
    The Maya 44 works great. The only thing I was looking for was not to have to deal w the mixer for headphones support, only for my sound out.

The set up which I am looking for is to be the following:
    1. laptop (mac or pc, which I have a pc at the moment);
    2. midi controller(s);
    3. sound card to play out the sounds to the mixer;
    4. headphone controller w/o connecting to the mixer (audio 2 or 4).

If I can be as far away from the mixer set up w everything else that would be great. I wouldnt interfere w anyone else while playing...
    sounds like a good reason to upgrade, my advice is make sure soundcard you choose has a loud enough headphone output.

Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    If you are going for external mixing, then you will need 4 mono outputs (2 stereo) at least. That gives you 2 deck control. Examples: audio2dj (2x stereo out), audio4dj (4x mono out)
    If you want 4 deck control (external mixer with 4 channels) then you want a sound card with at least 8 mono (=4 stereo) outputs. Examples: audio8dj (8x mono out)

Why to get audio4dj instead of audio2dj? It has 4 mono inputs (=2 stereo inputs). These can be used to connect turntables or cd players. Even if they are not in your set up right now, you might want to consider it. Also, recording your set will be more difficult with the A2D because it has no inputs. You can route from your mixer to the audio 4DJ inputs and then record from there.
    You pay, so you decide
    Thanks sj03w4t.

What I would be doing is using the midi controller and the internal mixer, keeping away from the external mixer as I said before. Just to play safe with other on the decks. Also, for recording, I did know that Traktor has a recorder built into the program so I really wouldnt need to get a separate recorder for my sets. I do understand the concept if I wanted TTCD or TT.turntables, but I dont. I got into the digital concept of spinning and sold off my equipment (cdj's). So, I want to break the barriers w the digital which I care for and its lets you play more w the music then always trying to get it to mix together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast