Behringer BCR - BCF questions
    Tech Guru

Default Behringer BCR - BCF questions

Hi DJTT,

I have some questions for those who has the BCF-2000 or BCR-2000:
    http://www.behringer.de/EN/Products/BCR2000.aspx

http://www.behringer.de/EN/Products/BCF2000.aspx

(Tekki, help me out here please )
    Those knobs on both controllers has lot of leds per knob, so my questions are:
    1. The knobs are Endless Knobs? (just to make sure, I saw it at the documentation)
    2. Can I change every single LED configuration at a single knob so I can send any type of feedback to it?
    3. Are all the knobs Pushable ones? (can I push them and map a function at Traktor to this physical action?)
    4. The led feedback at the buttons can be changed too?

My main idea is to change the feedkback on various knobs when i hit the Deck Switch button or when i hit Shift. This way I can change the relative position of a knob to match the traktor standard position because this is my main issue with Shift Buttons. For this i need dynamic feedback control and endless rotary knobs.
    Apart from feedback my other idea is to map some Super-Knobs, with Bomes maybe, so I can engage or disengage functions after some point of the Super-Knob twist. Is that possible? With or without Bomes?

About the faders on the BCF-2000:
    1. What the "motorized faders" at the description mean? How they differ from standard faders?
    2. What are the differences between BCF-2000 and the White version?

About both:
    1. There is any software to control the midi codes that the BCR and BCF sends to the notebook (like the Enigma for M-Audio controllers)?
    2. Can I use my sustain pedal to engage a shift function at the units as I do with the Oxygen? Can I use two sustain pedals?

Thanks in advance, I have really cool ideas for this unit, I didn't checked out the Tekki's map so I can be creative on my own at the start of my mapping project, but I will def check it before the all midi-mapping start...
    Last edited by V-Hoff; 01-28-2010 at 08:09 AM.

1)yes
    2)i believe so
    3)no i don't think all of them are push button.
    4)i believe so

yes your main idea and your other SuperKnob idea should work, will prob need a translator like you said to make the smartknobs.

bcf
    1)motorized faders are like the keys of a player piano, they can move themselves, so your main idea could be used on the faders as well.

2)just the color i'm 90% sure.

both
    1)yes there is software at least for the bcr, you'll have to search can't remember name.

2)
    Although this is the back panel of the BCF2000, the rear panels of both units are identical, with the exception that the BCF2000 has one continuous footpedal jack and one footswitch jack, as shown here on the right, while the BCR has two footswitch jacks instead.
    from: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan0...ontrollers.htm

good luck

Tech Guru

Thanks for the answers!
    I think that only the top row of knobs are pushable, someone can confirm that please?
    The pushable knobs are good? If I use it very often they can break easily?

And about the quality of the motorized faders, are they good quality? Someone got a broken unit alredy?
    I would love to see a video of the faders moving hehe, I will search at youtube when i got home tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1mmd...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=965MuhV9Yi8&NR=1

i think realistically those faders are the quality that reflects the total cost of the unit.

quality motorized faders are expensive, but for the price the bcf is easily replaceable right?

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    Hi DJTT,

I have some questions for those who has the BCF-2000 or BCR-2000:
    http://www.behringer.de/EN/Products/BCR2000.aspx

http://www.behringer.de/EN/Products/BCF2000.aspx

(Tekki, help me out here please )
    Those knobs on both controllers has lot of leds per knob, so my questions are:
    1. The knobs are Endless Knobs? (just to make sure, I saw it at the documentation)
    Yes! All of them!
    2. Can I change every single LED configuration at a single knob so I can send any type of feedback to it?
    It depends, there are VSTs (I know it sounds strange) that can send feedback from let's say volume levels. Otherwise, it just responds to the value of the MIDIsignal.

3. Are all the knobs Pushable ones? (can I push them and map a function at Traktor to this physical action?)
    Only the 8 encoders at the top are pushable. On the BCR you will be able to map them 4 times per encoder. They are set per bank. Think of it as a hardware Traktor Modifier.
    4. The led feedback at the buttons can be changed too?
    Don't know, don't think so, to be honest.

My main idea is to change the feedkback on various knobs when i hit the Deck Switch button or when i hit Shift. This way I can change the relative position of a knob to match the traktor standard position because this is my main issue with Shift Buttons. For this i need dynamic feedback control and endless rotary knobs.
    Apart from feedback my other idea is to map some Super-Knobs, with Bomes maybe, so I can engage or disengage functions after some point of the Super-Knob twist. Is that possible? With or without Bomes?
    You are able to make Super-knobs by hacking into the sysex files of the BCR.
    Guess what that means. HARDWARE ENCODED SUPER-KNOBS! :eek:

About the faders on the BCF-2000:
    1. What the "motorized faders" at the description mean? How they differ from standard faders?
    The controller "remembers" the settings. So switching banks, or fader rows, will switch back and forth with fader positioning.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PICs-JRQ0lQ

2. What are the differences between BCF-2000 and the White version?
    Only thing is the colour.
    About both:
    1. There is any software to control the midi codes that the BCR and BCF sends to the notebook (like the Enigma for M-Audio controllers)?
    There is quite some stuff over at the BC2000 yahoo groupe. Just let me know if you need help getting there.

2. Can I use my sustain pedal to engage a shift function at the units as I do with the Oxygen? Can I use two sustain pedals?
    You are able to use footpedals, though I really did not ever have to use one, as I haven't barely touched all presets, and I am not even close touching preset boundaries!

Thanks in advance, I have really cool ideas for this unit, I didn't checked out the Tekki's map so I can be creative on my own at the start of my mapping project, but I will def check it before the all midi-mapping start...
    Best trick is to think what you want to control, and how you want to control it.
    After that, start drawing where you'd want to see it.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Very useful thread guys thanks!

Anytime bro.

My mapping can be found by clicking on the links in my sig.

Hope this will help, otherwise, just ask and I'll try to help out best way possible.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --